sixty.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER SIXTY

olx. shapeshifters are annoying

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"WHERES BARRY?" EDDIE asked from his place on the couch at Joes house.

"He should be here any second. I sent him out for..." There was a whoosh and Joe was cut off by Barry speeding in. "Pizza!" Barry yelled out happily.

"What?" Cisco asked with the same tone.

"From Coast City. Supposedly the best in the west." Barry told them. Cisco sat down on the couch as Chloe stood now besides Caitlin who was sitting on the stairs.

"Why did I not think of this before?" The long haired man retorted, "Come to papa."

"Caitlin? Chloe?" Joe questioned the two, the redhead looking at her phone. She smiled, not having heard the man as she sent a reply to her boyfriend. A date night would be good for them.

"I'm not hungry." Caitlin told Joe as Chloe put her phone away.

"Chloe?" Joe questioned again.

"Oh- Uh yeah sure." Chloe said walking over and getting a slice.

"Okay, six months of investigating Harrison Wells has led us nowhere, so we're going back to the beginning to see what we can find out." Joe told them, Caitlin having walked over.

"What does that mean?" Eddie asked.

"Road trip, baby!" Cisco told them with a grin.

"Joe and Cisco are going to go to Starling City." Barry added.

"Starling City? What for?" Caitlin questioned the men.

"To investigate the car accident that Dr. Wells was in with Tessa Morgan 15 years ago." Joe told her.

"I- I don't understand. Why?" Caitlin asked, her hands in her jean pockets.

"Dr. McGee said that after Wells' accident, he became like a complete stranger. Just a different person entirely." Barry explained.

"Because the love of his life died?" Caitlin suggested, "You of all people can understand how grief can change a person."

"That- That doesn't change someone 100%. That's not how it works... You don't just flip a switch, like a robot..." Chloe tried to explain to her, the woman didn't look convinced. Maybe Chloe was lying to herself. . Maybe she didn't want to believe that was true. Because after her Mom died. . Maybe she did become someone different. . Maybe she just didn't want to admit it.