fourty.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER FOURTY

oxl. trust

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"BEING SCOOPED UP by a guy head to toe in leather is a long time fantasy of mine, so thanks." Hartley told Barry not even acknowledging the redhead behind him, it seemed to be jokingly, as he was dragged out of the Elevator by Barry.

Chloe let out a snort, covering it with a slight cough, as Barry looked back at her, "What?" She questioned slightly snappy, she seemed to be snapping more than usual these past weeks.

She already knew why, she missed her boyfriend, yes she could live without him - this wasn't some crappy fanfiction where she depended on him for everything - But she did miss him, they had gotten close, really close; Close enough to say "I love you" to one another, she just missed him a lot.

Barry just shook his head as he let go of Rathaway as Cisco and Caitlin came over to them.

"Well, Well, Well, the gangs all here." Hartley turned to Cisco, "You've lasted a lot longer than I would've thought Cisco."

"And you didn't last ten second against The Flash and Electra." Cisco retorted.

"Hmm, I was thinking of calling myself Pied Piper."

"Hey! I assign the nicknames around here." He paused, "Although that ones not bad."

Hartley looked to Caitlin, "Caitlin... Never did get that wedding invite."

"Shut the hell up!" Barry told Rathaway as Chloe snapped, "You better shut the fuck up before I make you."

Cisco grabbed him and pulled him in front of him, ordering, "Stay in front of me."

Caitlin walked away from Barry as Chloe let out a sigh.

Chloe had quickly changed - having a secret relationship and getting interrupted by phone calls from work really paid off - walking down to where Hartley was held seeing Caitlin also walking in.

"Without these." Hartley pointed to his ears, "I'm in pain you can't imagine."

He looked over to Chloe and Caitlin, "We all lost something that night. And Chloe, nice of you to join us."