twenty-nine.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

oxxix. phone calls

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

CAITLIN HAD LEFT for a bit, Cisco was still working on the trapping device, Chloe was too worked up to help, so she texted Leonard, hoping he would answer.

He did, Chloe sighing as she typed up a message to him after he asked her what was wrong, it was weird he seemed to know a lot about her and they hadn't even been dating for less than a month.

Chloe: Just work stuff, don't worry. God, I wish I could call you, It'd be so much easier than texting...

After a couple of seconds the man replied.

Lenny: Well, you could call me, Princess. Only if you want to though, don't want you to be missing work now.

Chloe, if she could see the man would've sworn he'd be smirking, he more than a few times wanted to see Chloe while she was working, the woman scolding him about how thats dangerous with his reputation with her team, as well as hidden identities.

Chloe smiled as she replied with a simple, 'Answer your phone in a few minutes.'

She turned to Cisco who was typing on the monitor in front of him, her getting up from the chair and walking towards the hallway calling out loudly. "I'll be right back, Cisco! I'm going to the bathroom!"

The man yelled back a quick, "Okay!" Before the faint sound of tapping was heard again, the man going right back to his work as Chloe walked into the bathroom on the floor.

She took her phone out as she locked the door, Just in case, she thought. She pulled up Leonard's contact name, smiling slightly as she clicked on the call button, putting the phone up to her ear.

The phone rang for a couple seconds, before there was a click and a voice on the other line.

"Hey, Princess-" His tone was soft as he got straight to the point, "Now tell me what the problem is. I know somethings bothering you." She could hear the soft but serious tone in his voice, making her sigh.

"Okay... So, I'm not supposed to tell you this, but someone from my past has come up recently and I'm afraid he's going to attack the people I love, I'm afraid he's going to find out about us and he's going to do something to you and my family and anyone I'm close with and-" Her eyes watered up slightly, her voice cracking softly, "And... Lenny I don't know what to do."