seventy-four.

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓

CHAPTER SEVENTY-FOUR

olxxiv. something still feels off with the stalker

┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

"ITS OUT, CISCO." Barry told Cisco through the comms, later that night, a fire had stated, Barry rushing to get there in time to stop it and by his statement it seemed he had. "Copy that. See you in a bit." Chloe heard Cisco reply as she lounged in her desk chair, spinning back and fourth every once in a while wondering what her boyfriend was up to at the moment. He was probably robbing some fancy place.

After Barry hadn't zoomed into the cortex, Cisco called into the mic, "Barry? Hello? Are you there?"

"Maybe he got held up?" Chloe shrugged, knowing that wasn't the answer.

"What was that?" Cisco asked, giving the redhead a look to say "Really?"

"I don't know." Barry replied, "We need to find out." After that Chloe went home that night and fell asleep, cuddled up in her blankets, wishing Leonard was there to hold her.

CHLOE STOOD NEAR Iris and Caitlin the next day as they watched Jay run on the treadmill that was designed for Barry.

"His blood pressure is low, his heart rate is low, his oxygen levels are impressive." Caitlin spoke, watching the man run.

"Yeah, but nothing compared to Barry's." Iris retorted, walking over as Chloe laughed at Caitlins reply, "No, but he's certainly in the physical specimen range."

"In more ways that one. Hmm?" Iris questioned, a hand on her hip. Caitlin shook her head, "Oh, I wasn't paying attention."

"You were practically drooling, Cait." Chloe told her, not looking up from the book she had stolen from Leonard, it was a Stephen King novel and it was pretty enjoyable.

Caitlin let out a small scoff, before turning on the mic to tell Jay, "That's enough for today, Jay. Thank you." He slowly stopped running.

Chloe got up, putting her finger in between the two pages in the book she was on, walking into the cortex, Iris and Caitlin following as Barry sped in. He handed Cisco a jar of what seemed to be sand, the long haired man examining it with a magnifying glass.

"Found it at the crime scene. I mean, it's gotta be from the Meta-Human that attacked me." Barry told Cisco.

"Huh." Cisco pushes the magnifying glass away, he seemed to be annoyed, "What is this stuff? Sand?" Barry sighed, Chloe just swayed side to side in her wheeled chair, reading her book.