Chapter 15: Shad

(Aphmau's POV)

We climbed up the hill and got back onto the path that leads back to the Nether portal. Other Aphmau, Other Garroth, and Katelyn were here. So was Aaron, Lucinda, Melissa, and Dottie.

Once I got back up on my feet, I saw Laurence, Gene, and a man who wore lord-like Shadow Knight armor. He looked an awful lot like... Aaron?

The man looked at me and narrowed his brow. It was Shad.

"You." He said.

Shivers ran down my spine as I looked at him wide eyed with fear. Aaron looked to me.

"Aphmau, we need to go now!" Said Aaron.

I follow him and then Lucinda, Melissa, Dottie, Other Garroth, Other Aphmau, and Katelyn follow as well. Get got to the Nether portal and ran through it. Back in the Overworld, we were back at Brightport. We see Vincent up on the stairway above us.

"VINCENT, HAILEY! ACTIVATE THE SHEILD NOW! THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!!" Katelyn yelled.

Hailey activates the shield and a blue protec barrier surrounds the Nether portal. Shad emerges from The Nether portal.

"This aura. A spell by Esmund?" He said as he questioned himself.

He laughs evilly.

"Esmund! Do you really think a trick like this will stop me?" Shad asked.

He uses his magic to remove the barrier around the portal and us. Shad looks down at me.

"Did you really think you could hold me back Irene?" He asked.

"Uh... Other Aaron?" I asked softly.

"Oh Irene, I can tell you want so badly to believe that I am the other version of the man your other version loves. Unfortunately, he's gone. But his body makes an excellent host." Said Shad.

"No..." Said Other Aphmau.

"We have similar qualities. But I don't think he was as... powerful as I am. No?" Shad said.

Aaron pulls one of the diamond swords. He growls as his ears twitched.

"Temper now. After all I went through so much to bring back this body. You shouldn't destroy it now." Said Shad.

He sensed something.

"I don't care who you are! I WILL NOT LET THIS STAND! YOU—" Aaron exclaims but is interrupted.

"The little girl." Shad said.

"Huh?" I questioned.

What does he mean?

"I can sense her. She's close." Shad said.

I tried to figure out what he means but I quickly realized what he meant.

"What? You can't possibly mean—" Other Aphmau says but gets cut off.

"A daughter. OUR daughter." Said Shad.

Aaron's eyes widened with anger. And took a few steps forward.

"YOU STAY AWAY FROM HER CHILD!!" Aaron roared.

Shad took a few steps forward from he portal.

"I'VE BEEN WAITING YEARS SINCE MY FRIENDS TORE ME APART AND LEFT MY SOUL IN THE NETHER. When Irene and the other Divine Warriors EXILED me." Shad explained.

Aaron wasn't in the mood for this talk. He growled and charged at Shad, the two foes clashed swords with each other, locking swords.

"Grrr!" Aaron yelled.

I noticed that his eyes turned red.

"You're eyes have no effect on me. I'm a cursed soul like you. Aaron Lycan." Said Shad.

"Tough luck!" Aaron yelled back.

Shad lowered his gaze and glared at Aaron.

"Bring her to me. My daughter." Shad said.

"NEVER! That girl isn't yours!!" Aaron screamed.

"She is my relic. That's all that matters. YOU WILL BRING HER TO ME." Shad said.

"NO! I WILL NEVER TURN MY BACK AGAINST APHMAU!!!" Aaron roared.

Shad turns away from Aaron and walks back to the Nether portal.

"DON'T IGNORE ME!!!" Aaron said.

He charged at Shad but suddenly Shad uses telekinesis and throws Aaron back into a wall and Aaron falls to the ground.

"Aaron!" I exclaimed.

"Little bro!" Said Melissa.

Melissa and I rush over to him. His eyes were no longer red. I look back at Shad and he walks back into the portal. Suddenly the Nether portal disappears into thin air.

"Oh my Irene... he's after you and Alina... and yet he thinks you're Irene." Melissa said.

I looked down thoughtfully.

"Well... he's not the first person to call me that." I said.

I begin to have a brief flashback.

~~Flashback~~

"STOP IT!!" I yelled.

Zex chuckled sinisterly as he looked at me.

"Irene... out of all the realms you could have fled to, you just had to pick this one and live amongst these worthless humans." Said Zex.

"I'm not Irene!" I exclaimed.

"Stop lying to yourself." Zex said.

Another flashback happens.

"Get out here Irene. I'm gonna make you bleed more!" Lady Bish yelled.

"No!!" I exclaimed.

~~Flashback Ends~~

I was right though. Shad wasn't the first person to call me Irene. Zex and Lady Bish from the land of Deimos were the first two people to call me Irene.

But I'm so scared now. Ein has returned, he has a new reason to hate me, and now we're facing a dangerous new threat.

I can't let Alina get captured by Shadows Knights...