Chapter 20: Dante's Story

(Kawaii~Chan's POV)

I walked over to the Statue Of Irene. I need to think for a moment. As I say next to the statue, I could only think about all the crazy things that are happening in this world right now...

An Evil version of the man I love, an evil version of Aaron, and Ein who's now working for the Shadow Lord... all of this... it's making me lost in thoughts.

I heard my phone go off to see a text from Lucinda. It read that they are gonna make a trip to Yggdrasil Forest tomorrow. I sighed. I just hope they will be okay tomorrow.

In the distance, I could see Dante walking towards me.

"Oh... it's you..." He said.

"Yeah. It's me. The other version of your lover." I replied.

Him and I talked for a little bit but I then felt like I needed to get going. He hesitated and spoke up.

"Hey, Kawaii~Chan? When your Aphmau went to the Nether... D-Did... Did she see him?" Dante asked.

What does he mean?

"Who?" I asked.

"My brother... did she see... Gene?" Dante asked.

Aphmau did tell me about seeing Gene in the Nether yesterday...

"She told me it was for a brief moment." I replied.

Dante then began to tell me his story and how his brother became a Shadow Knight.

He told me that he grew up in the village of Boboros. Gene became head guard of the village. His parents were proud of him... But Dante knew that Gene did a lot of bad things to get where he wanted. He lied and cheated without anyone noticing. Even though Dante knew this, Gene still cared for him as a brother and Dante wanted to believe in him. Dante wanted to believe he was good. But then... Gene discovered that he had a power to manipulate memories. He also discovered that he fell in love with the lords daughter. He wanted her to admire him but couldn't. So he tried to alter her memories but he was caught.

The sad thing was that... Dante was the one who told on Gene. But the memory thing... it reminded me too much of what happened at the lodge...

After that, Gene was executed. Then Gene came back as a Shadow Knight. He killed the lord and his family and erased everyone's memories. Even his parents. And then he said to Dante that he wants to leave him to rot.

He sorta began to cry but I hugged him for support. I could bear to see him like this.

"I'm sorry that happened to you..." I said.

I didn't know what else to say. I waited for Dante to speak but he could only let out a sob.

"But hey, I know I'm not like the Kawaii~Chan you know but, I promise you... I will protect this village until I can go back to my realm." I said.

Dante looked at me as I stopped hugging him.

"Kawaii~Chan... you sure you can do that?" Dante asked.

"I'm sure." I replied.

~~Time Skip~~

Some time has passed and me and my friends got into bed. I closed my eyes and let sleep take over.