Chapter 92: Torture

(Melissa's POV)

The pain was unbearable. So harsh, so dull, so... painful. My body couldn't stand it. Day 1 was bad that we got abducted. Day 2 is just getting worse. It's now 5 in the afternoon. Me, Maria, Kim, and Kawaii~Chan have been tortured for hours and have hardly been getting any meals.

We've only gotten 3 meals since we've got here and everything is just getting worse and worse. But last night, Ein forced us to drink these potions full of emerald green liquid. I didn't know what it was but he just told us to drink it.

We were chained to the wall. Kim was on the left, Kawaii~Chan was on the right, and Maria was up by the entrance door.

"Mel.... issa...." Kim said to me weakly.

She's got 3 scars on her left arm from Shadow Knight swords.

"Kim..." I said.

Maria's got two scars on her shoulder while Kawaii~Chan has none. (Well, except for the one on her chest.)

"What..." Kawaii~Chan said.

"....Do... we do....?" Maria asked.

I hesitated deeply.

"I.... I don't... know...." I said helplessly.

We heard some footsteps. Shad entered the room and he spoke.

"What you should do? Accept the fact that you'll be my minions soon. Or rather... Ein's minions." Shad said.

"What do you— oh Irene..." I said.

That green liquid Ein fed us, it was a forever potion!!! Oh my Irene.... I hope it's defective. Shad walks over to me and I look away. He lifts my chin so I can make eye contact with him.

"I'll ask you one more time: Why did your brother absorb 2/3's of my relic?" Shad asked.

He kept asking me that question since yesterday. I left him silent but it's time I give him an answer.

"It's quite simple, I figured the relic would confuse Aaron for you." I said.

He chuckled.

"You can't fight destiny little girl." Said Shad.

He caresses my cheek. I wanted to pull away but the feeling of his cold dead fingers on my cheek made me... submissive to him.

"It was always the fate of my relics shards to be reunited again." Shad told me.

He stopped caressing me and I looked away. I thought for a moment and I looked back up at him, giving him a cocky smirk.

"You should give up while you can Shad. Aaron will never allow you to have the last shards of your relic. Other Aphmau will punish you for your sins, and then Other Aaron can return back home to us." I said as I looked at him stubbornly.

He furrowed his brow, closed his eyes, opened them back up, and glared at me. He sighed.

"How weak of you little one. Did you honestly think I would give up my physical form? Sorry, but I have other plans." Shad said.

The shackles on my wrists were getting painful by the minute. So were Kim's, Maria's, and Kawaii~Chan's.

"Once I get all the shards in one piece, you won't mind helping me will you?" Shad asked.

He raises my chin but I try to bite him. His hand jolted back in time before my teeth could chow down on his hand. He smirked.

"SHE WILL NEVER HELP YOU!! We won't allow it!" Maria exclaimed.

Shad scoffed and he walked over to Maria.

"You've certainly took your time to reply little mongrel. I've been expecting you to answer." Shad said.

"Who are you? Really? And WHAT, have you done to me and my friends? Where are the others?" Maria demanded with anger.

"In the dungeons, suffering." Shad replied.

I sighed.

"After all, Aaron and I ARE kindred spirits. We both desire things we can't have." Shad said.

I spoke.

"You and him are NOTHING alike." I said.

Shad chuckled and walked over to me.

"Oh? I beg to differ. Let's see, him and I would do anything to get what we want the most. And him and I, still can't control our anger." Said Shad.

That made me think. But I didn't want to think about... what he said.

"Besides, the shards of my relic cannot wait much longer. I've got the final piece inside me. After all, I need Menphia's, or as you refer to Lucinda's, staff to cast a spell to get all the relics out of you and your friends. After all, the Zane in this world WAS a descendant of Esmund." Shad said.

"Wa... Evil Zane was a descendant of Esmund?" I asked.

Shad stopped in front of me.

"Garroth didn't tell you? Of course he didn't, you're only a werewolf. How can he ever trust you with something so strong?" He asked me.

"This is a Divine Warrior matter. What's it gotta do with me and my friends?" I asked.

He walked over to the door.

"You shall see." Said Shad.

He left the room. This made me growl. I heard Kawaii~Chan sobbing. Kim softly sniffles. Maria looks down hopelessly.

"Bow! Bow to me." Said an unfamiliar voice.

It was Ein's voice. It was echoing through my head. I tried to resist it, but the echoes of his voice only made me weak.

"Melissa. The power of emerald magic courses through my body and my veins. I can feel it's power in my blood. Pulsing. Can you feel it too?" Ein's voice asked me as it echoed through my mind.

I felt strange, then I winced in pain.

"You, Kawaii~Chan, Kim, and Maria WILL bow to me." Ein's voice told me as it echoed through me.

My eyes flickered emerald green for a second and then back to gold. Oh Irene.... I hope Aphmau is alright. Same goes to Lucinda....