Chapter 39: A Walk Through The Capital

(Melissa's POV)

We walked through The Phoenix Capital enterance. I was curious, but also wondered if Travis is even here. As we got to the center of the village, we stopped walking. I turned to Other Aphmau.

"I forgot how busy it is here." Said Other Aphmau.

"It has been awhile since we last came to the alliance capital." Said Other Garroth.

"True." Said Katelyn.

I eyed the place. It almost feels like I'm back on Phoenix Drop. Speaking of which, I hope Kim, Kawaii~Chan, Garroth, and Zane are okay.

"Well... at least Maria, Dottie, Daniel, and Rylan are taking good care of Alina and Lilith." Said Lucinda.

"Yeah. I'm sure they can handle 3 year olds." I added.

But I just hope Aaron can handle a little extra power. Since you know... he has 2/3's of Shad's relic inside him.

"Well... let's find some stuff to prepare us a bit before we can go see Travis." Aphmau said.

"Yeah... but... I feel like... a threat is coming to Phoenix Drop.." Said Aaron.

I turn to my little brother. His ears and tail perked down.

"What makes you say that?" I asked.

He left me silent for a second.

"I'm my dream last night.... I saw... Gene... attacking... a village... and collecting the souls of the dead bodies... he's on the hunt for Evil Zane and the fragment I have... well... the now 2/3's of Shad's relic... but feel like he's heading for Phoenix Drop." Aaron explained.

He needs to stop having doubts like this. He worries too much.

"Stop having doubts. We've got bigger things to deal with. Like finding all the relics and defeating Shad." I said.

He agreed with me. As I followed everyone else, I began to feel as concerned as Aaron was. What if Gene is heading to Phoenix Drop? If he is, I just hope Kim, Kawaii~Chan, Garroth, and Zane can handle themselves...