Chapter 44: I Still Have Hope

(Kim's POV)

It's been a few days since Aaron, Aphmau, Melissa, Lucinda, and the wolf pups left with Other Aphmau. I just hope they can save this world. Zane's been staying hidden in the house and Garroth has been trying to stay calm.

Kawaii~Chan kinda feels worried that some threat could come at any time but incase it does, Lucinda gave me a special potion that can make a small hideout in seconds.

As I was sitting at the boat dock, I heard my phone go off. It was Melissa.

"Hello?" I asked as I answered the phone.

"Hey Kim." Said Melissa as I heard her voice on the other line.

"What's up?" I asked.

"Well, just to let you know, we're heading to Enki Island to get the first Relic." Melissa said.

"Okay. Let me know when you found it." I said.

"Alright. See ya." Said Melissa.

"Bye." I replied.

I ended the conversation. I gaze out into the horizon as the blue sea twinkled in the sunlight. I hope they find Emmalyn. She's been missing for a few days. I then saw Dante walking up here.

Then it wasn't long until Other Kawaii~Chan found him. The two talked for a little bit about Other Aphmau and everyone else. After they finished talking and walked away, I went back to the house where Garroth, Zane, and Kawaii~Chan were at.

"Hey guys. What's up?" I asked.

"Stress." Zane said.

"Concerns." Garroth said.

"Doubts." Kawaii~Chan added.

I sighed with disappointment. I couldn't stand seeing them like this.

"Stop doubting yourselves guys. If we still have hope, we just might be able to get back home." I said.

"True." Said Kawaii~Chan.

I smiled. I went to look outside the window and I saw a figure in red and black armor. It was a Shadow Knight.

"Guys. A Shadow Knight is coming this way..." I said worryingly.

"Oh no..." Garroth said.

"The trees, the trees! HEAD FOR THE TREES!!!" Zane exclaimed in panic.

~~15 Minutes Later~~

After I threw that potion that crafts a small hideout in seconds, we hid from the Shadow Knight that somehow managed to mind control the whole village.

"Guys... this isn't good." Zane said.

"We can't stand a chance against him, were too weak." Garroth added.

"Guys seriously! Don't lose hope—" I said but Kawaii~Chan cuts me off.

"WE'VE JUST LOST HOPE!!" Kawaii~Chan whined.

There was silence for a second. Her ears flopped down

"I'm... gonna go to the bridge for a little while..." Said Kawaii~Chan.

She walked out of the hideout. I started to feel sad and Ghost took over for a sec.

"Just let her be Kim. She needs to cool down." Ghost told me.

I got back in control. She was right. Kawaii~Chan needs to cool off.

"But.... I still have hope." I thought.