Chapter 67: Rage

(Aaron's POV)

Ho... ly... Crap. If what Ein said was true... this ain't good at all! A whole army might be after Alina! But, they don't know that the fragment is inside me... which sucks.

I turned my attention to Other Aphmau and Aphmau.

"What the hell?! Why would you give him the relic?!" Aphmau exclaimed angrily.

Other Aphmau gives her a concerned and sad expression.

"I had to give him the relic! I needed to save Malachi!" Other Aphmau confession with sadness.

"Well, now Ein's magic has gotten a lot more stronger and we need to find the other two relics of the divine warriors before things go to hell fast." Lucinda explained.

I then got so worried.

"Alina... me... my Irene..." I said under my breath.

"We've gotta get the little ones somewhere safe. And Aaron, he's gotta stay calm. AT ANY COST." Said Lucinda.

Other Aphmau ordered Malachi to get a boat ready for her tomorrow at dawn. She went to go check on the little ones as she walked upstairs while Melissa walked downstairs. We filled her in on what's going on. We will be departing this island tomorrow.

~~Time Skip~~

It's now nighttime and Other Aphmau, Other Garroth, Katelyn, Travis, and the little ones were asleep. Except for me and Aphmau. As we were in the second guest room that Other Garroth was letting us borrow in this house he rented, I looked to Aphmau. She is right. I've gotta control myself.

I walked over to Aphmau and sat next to her on the bed.

"Aph?" I asked.

She looked at me.

"Yeah?" She replied.

"When... we have our final showdown with Shad... do you think this power... well... HIS relic... will take control of me?" I asked her.

"I don't know. I hope not. Besides... if it took permanent control of you... I... I..." Aphmau said.

That made me think of something. Something terrible. But as I thought about it, I could feel the relic's energy swelling up inside me. Like... it's trying to....

"I know what you'd do to me if it controlled me permanently." I said as I looked at her stubbornly.

I got up from the bed and so did she. But I could feel the energy of the relic trying to take over me. One more angry though and I could lose control.

"You're going to kill me if I get controlled by the relic. Aren't you?" I asked.

She gave me a surprised and concerned look.

"I'm not sure if you'd do something like that to me but I... I... I don't know if I can be around you at the moment." I said. But my red eyes activated. Aphmau isn't dying from them.

I walked off and she tried to get my attention. She tried placing her hand on my shoulder as her ears flopped down. My ears perked up with anger.

"Aaron... please... you know I wouldn't—" Aphmau says but it was too late.

The relic took control of me. My scleras went black and I slapped Aphmau across the face.

"NO! Stop!" I shouted in my head. But it wasn't any use.

Then Aphmau began to cry.

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH ME!!" I shrieked. My voice was getting distorted like Venom.

I pinned Aphmau to the wall. Choking her. I needed to stop. I would never do something like this EVER!! This relic is controlling me!

"WHY DO YOU KEEP PUTTING YOUR USELESS FAITH IN ME?! I JUST KEEP LOSING MY ANGER LIKE ALWAYS!!!!" I roared.

"A... Aar... on..." Aphmau choked out.

I can't stop myself. I can't let my rage keep consuming me!

Melissa and Lucinda barged into the room. All of a sudden, Melissa punches me in the face, making me release my grip on Aphmau. Lucinda went to her aid.

I slowly get up. My ears flopped down. My scleras were white again and my irises were black again.

"Melissa?" I shuddered. My voice was back to normal.

I noticed the slap mark on Aphmau's face. I gasp in terror at what I've done to my future wife.

I hugged my big sister tearfully.

"Help... me..." I said with tears.

~~20 Minutes Later...~~

After we iced Aphmau's cheek, I hugged her tearfully and told her I was sorry and that I wasn't in control of myself. I promised her I will never do that again. Ever. She understood though. And I'm glad.

Once Aphmau fell asleep, placed her in bed. I got in the bed with her and cuddled next to her. I close my eyes and let sleep take over. I really gotta control myself. Started tomorrow morning.