Chapter 16: I'm Worried About Alina

(Melissa's POV)

After what just happened at the academy, Leona, Dottie, and the rest of the wolf pups are taking care of Alina and Lilith. Lucinda and Aphmau are with Liochant, Other Aphmau, and Other Garroth.

Me and Aaron were in one of the rooms that Alina was in while Dmitri and Nekoette were babysitting them earlier. My ears flopped down with concern as I looked to my little brother.

"I told Liochant, Leona, and the Wolf pups about what's going on." I said.

Aaron turns to me.

"What did you say?" Aaron asked.

"I told them that Alina needs to be watched over closely. Lilith will be fine. It's Alina, Shad wants." I said as my ears perked back up.

"OVER APHMAU'S DEAD BODY." Aaron growled.

I took a few steps closer to my little brother.

"Little bro? Are... you okay...?" I asked.

"No... Shad wants Aphmau dead and Other Aphmau's daughter! And I've been having a hard time trying to think about something else when the fate of Aph's future is in my hands! Even now, I feel so scared, like they could arrive at any moment and—" Aaron explains but I cut him off.

"STOP HAVING DOUBTS!! Katelyn told me that the guards in this town are on high alert. Trust me nothing will happen to Other Aphmau's daughter." I said.

I placed my hand on his shoulder. His ears were flopping down. I could tell that if he doesn't stop feeling any negative emotions right now, his red eyes will activate.

Besides, tonight we head back to Phoenix Drop. I assume that Aaron just needs some rest about this.

"I know that Shad being the other you is—" I said but Aaron interrupts me.

"THAT.... that... THING... WASN'T ME!!" Aaron exclaimed.

"Shh." I said.

I hugged my little brother for comfort.

"He wants me to turn against Aph..." Aaron said in a saddened tone.

I had a look of sadness on my face.

"Don't worry... I'm not gonna let that monster harm you, or Aphmau, or Alina, or any other innocent being... I promise." I said.

I began to ask him something.

"Do you wanna chat about it?" I asked.

"NO! I JUST—! UGh! I know that wasn't the other me. When I first saw him, I wanted so hard to believe... but... after seeing him up close... after locking swords.... I knew deep down that wasn't the other me." Said Aaron.

I couldn't bear to see my little brother like this.

"Let's stop discussing about this." I said.

We heard someone walk in.

"Mistress Melissa. Sorceress Dottie is waiting for your arrival." Said Hailey.

~~Time Skip~~

Some time has passed and we got back to Phoenix Drop. Alina, Lilith, Liochant, Leona, Other Garroth, Other Aphmau, and Katelyn were sleeping. We told Zane, Garroth, Kim, and Kawaii~Chan about what's going on and believe me they were was shocked as we were.

The wolf pups are sleeping. So are Zane, Garroth, Kim, Lucinda, Aphmau, and Kawaii~Chan. Aaron was sleeping too. But I'm worried about him. I feel like Shad might use Aaron for his plan...