Chapter 73: Ein... Feels Sorry?

(Aaron's POV)

I fainted into Aphmau's arms.

~~Dream~~

I wake up to find myself in the dark room once more. I wait for Erika to visit me. Then suddenly some white light appeared and Erika appears in front of me.

"Erika." I said.

"Aaron. I need to show you what Ein is up to." Said Erika.

She projects a live feed of the Nether through a white rectangle. I saw Ein and he was trying to control is new found power with the emerald magic and emerald rocks. Shad was watching him from behind. Ein was trying to raise an emerald pointy rock using his power but it was no use. He gave up. He sank to his knees.

"I can't control it!" Ein said with agony

"You will Ein. In time." Shad said.

Ein got back up on his feet and placed a hand on one of his pecks.

"I thought by taking Enki's relic, my destiny would have been more clear." Ein said.

He then looked away and his arms went down.

"But... what if I don't even have a destiny?" Ein asked.

"Of course you do. It is to kill Irene." Shad said.

Those words made me shake. I can't let that evil version of me murder Aph..

"K-kill.... A-Aphmau? I... uh... I... I couldn't—" Ein said hesitating heavily.

"M'Lord!!" A Shadow Knight shouted.

Shad looks at the Shadow Knight.

"What?" Shad asked.

"Gene has returned." He said.

"And..?" Shad continued.

"He didn't kill Zane. Nor retrieved the fragment." The Shadow Knight replied.

"WHAT?!" Ein exclaimed.

Oh boy... something tells me that Gene is in deep sh... never mind.

Ein sighed and looked back at the giant emerald rock he made.

"There's gotta be another way." Said Ein.

"You want to question why you have no destiny? You have one. It's to wield the power of Enki's relic and help me find the fragment. But you cannot do that without killing Irene. She can weaken you Ein. If you do not kill her, she WILL kill you." Shad explained.

Ein steps away. And I can hear his inner thoughts.

"I can't kill my sister. I mean, do I wanna keep up the villain act? Am I the bad guy? Do I WANT TO BE A HORRIBLE BROTHER TO HER??? I don't wanna be the bad guy but... the power of shadow knights just keeps trying to permanently control me. I wanna make up for what I did. But for now... I'm just gonna have to play along..." Ein thought.

What?? Ein... feels sorry? Huh... I guess he's not such a mutt dog after all.

The feed ends and Erika helps me wake up.

~~Dream Ends~~

I wake up on a bed in an unfamiliar place with the whole gang and someone new. It was Haley.