Chapter 22: On The Boat

(Dottie's POV)

I stood outside on the deck of the boat, gazing out into the distance of the night sky of the sea. Aphmau, Aaron, Lucinda, Melissa, and the rest of the wolf pups are downstairs sleeping. So is Alina, Lilith, and Levin. Other Garroth was up here with me. I start to think but it's actually a flashback.

~~Flashback~~

I feel the slight tapping of a finger on my cheek. I open my eyes to see who it was. It was Rhys.

"Rhys?" I asked him while I was still tired.

"Oh, good. You're awake." He told me.

I slightly groan.

"No... I'm not..." I said.

"But, you're talking." He told me.

I sit on my sleeping bag.

"Rhys it's 1 AM in the morning. Let me sleep!" I complained.

"Please forgive me. But I've come to tell you something Dottie." Rhys said.

"Just... what do you want?" I asked.

"Remember to tell Aphmau and Ava to take us out when the sun rises." He said.

"Is that it?" I told him.

"I have one more important thing to tell you. Remember to tell them both to let the other Deimos eat ice cream as well. It's important to our research." He added.

I give him a puzzled look.

"Is that just an excuse for you to eat ice cream?" I ask.

His smiles at me.

"Yes." He replied to me.

I yawn.

"I'm... going back to sleep." I tell him.

He walks to the portal in the wall but turns back to look at me.

"Don't forget." He said.

He walks into the portal in the wall.

~~Flashback Ends~~

I stopped thinking to see Other Aphmau and Other Garroth talking. I eavesdrop on the conversation while I hid behind one of the poles.

They sorta talked about how Other Aphmau should stop babying Levin. Then the topic switched to something else.

"We'll be landing at dawn. How's Katelyn?" Other Aphmau asked.

I see Katelyn in the other side of the boat, throwing up. She must have motion sickness.

"UUUUGHH I'M GONNA DIIIEEE!!!" Katelyn complained.

She hurls.

"She's... seen better days." Said Other Garroth.

"Oh... poor Katelyn..." I said to myself.

To think we've been in this world for just a few days now... it's feels like weeks but it's just... strange to be in another world for the third time...

I got tired. I went back downstairs to my cabin where the wolf pups were at, changed into a pair of pjs that Other Aphmau is letting me borrow, and hit the sack. I just hope the people of this village were heading to are friendly...