Chapter 42: Travis

(Aphmau's POV)

I saw a cave with someone standing inside. He had white hair and his back was turned. He is wearing a gray jacket with black gloves, his sleeves are pushed up a little, and he has brown knee pads, trousers and shoes, and a brown sash slung across his body. Me and everyone else walk up to him.

"I knew you'd come. It's been a long time." He said.

What the—? Is he telepathic? Dang it? What am I saying? I'm not THAT naive. Other Aphmau spoke.

"You knew?" She asked.

"But... how did—?" Melissa asked but the man cuts her off.

"SILENCE! Do not ask me trivial questions. I know— wait..." the man said.

He turns around to look at us. Those emerald green eyes looked too familiar to me. Travis.

"Aphmau..." He said.

When he looked at me, he was shocked. I briefly explained to him that me, Aaron, Melissa, and Lucinda are from another world and he understood.

Travis and Other Aphmau talked for a moment. I'm just glad Ein didn't get here. Other Aphmau explained to him about the relics and Enki.

"Travis. We need you. Shad is back." I said.

"S-Shad?! How is that possible??!" Travis asked with worry.

"We don't know. But he is. And he's after Alina. But the problem is, two shards of Shad's relic are inside Aaron." Said Lucinda.

"Yeah. And for some reason, my Ultima power is protecting the shards; preventing Shadow Knights from finding me." Aaron added.

Travis then said that he doesn't have the relic. He said that The demon warlock has it, and he said that he's still alive and can sense his presence. Hearing those words made my heart sink like a rock.

"WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!" Said me, Aaron, Lucinda, and Melissa at the same time.

"THE RELIC IS INSIDE THE DEMON WARLOCK?!?! AND HE'S STILL ALIVE?!?!?!?!" Lucinda shrieked.

"BU— BU— BUT, BUT I THOUGHT HE WAS DESTROYED BY THE CELESTIAL CANNON!!" Aaron exclaimed in panic.

"WHOAH! Guys! Calm down!" I said.

"Well... I think he must've found a way to get into this world before we vanquished him. Or so we thought." Melissa said.

"You... you know him?" Travis asked.

"Know him? He tried to kill me and my family! My mom and dad weren't so lucky at all." Said Melissa trembling.

"Yeah... and a lot of us still experience trauma from it." Aaron said as he shuddered.

I chuckled nervously.

"Aaron's been pretty paranoid ever since Michael tried to turn him into a relic." I said.

"What? He tried to turn you into a relic?" Travis asked.

"Yeah. And the freakiest part was that he possessed your doppelgänger." I said.

"WHAT?! He possessed the other version of myself?!" Travis exclaimed.

"Yep." I said.

"Grrr!" Travis growled.

I could tell he was angry at the sight of what I told him. I guess he hates Michael just as much as we hate him. But wait... If... Ein isn't looking for Travis... then he must be... plotting revenge against Michael for lying to him his whole life! That's why he crashed that meeting earlier.

Other Aphmau wanted to talk to Travis and Liochant decided to wait in the cave. I'm started to wonder if I could get some interesting backstory on THIS version of Travis...