Chapter 41: Up The Hill

(Aaron's POV)

I held the purple sword that Other Aphmau gave to me. This sword was my doppelgängers. Well... before he passed. Right now we were heading up the hill to meet Travis. I look to Aphmau.

"You think Ein got there first?" Aphmau asked.

That's right... Ein was looking for... well... a relative of Enki...

"Let's hope he didn't..." I said.

I look down at the hill. I see a view of the Phoenix Capital. It looked so huge. It was almost like I was back at Phoenix Drop.

As I kept walking up the hill with everyone else, I saw Melissa with Lucinda. I just hope my big sister can handle this whole charade. And I just hope I can control my anger. Liochant then looked at me and asks me something.

"Werewolf Aaron?" He asked.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"Why did Ein call your sister 'Melissa Wolfwere'?" Liochant asked.

I couldn't reject a question like that. I had to tell him my story.

"You see.... when I was younger.... I was born with the Ultima Curse. It's been pass on through my family for generations. And... it's only common in males. So my sister isn't an Ultima. All I know is that if I don't control my temper... well... that's why people call me 'The Ultima'... but Aphmau... she helps me control my temper." I explained.

I told him the rest of my story about what happened to me on Starlight Wonderland.

"So... you went blind and amnesiac for 3 whole months?" Liochant asked.

"Yeah. It was terrible." I said.

"And I'm deeply sorry about what happened to your parents..." Said Liochant.

Those words sent shivers down my spine. My parents...

Once we got up to the top, Other Aphmau asked us about the demon warlock... or to us... we refer to him as Michael.

"Yes. We've heard of him. And he's been in our world before but we've beat him." Lucinda explained.

"Yeah... even though... some of us... still have trauma from it..." I said shivering.

Lucinda chuckled nervously.

"Aaron's been pretty paranoid ever since Ein put Aphmau under two forever potions. So has Lucinda, Zane, OUR Katelyn, and Garroth." Melissa added.

"Well... the thing about the de—" Other Aphmau explains but Aphmau cuts her off.

"Guys! I found an entrance." Aphmau said.

We followed her up to the entrance. We're about to meet Travis.