Chapter 30: Shad Wants The Fragment

(Aaron's POV)

The reason I wanted to sleep on the floor right now was because I wanted to know what's happening in the Nether right now. I closed my eyes and began to dream.

~~Dream~~

I open my eyes to find myself in the dark room again. I waited for the voice who sounded like my mother to reply to me.

"Hello?" I asked.

No response.

"Yes?" Asked the voice who sounded like my mom.

"I wanna know what's happening right now in the Nether." I said.

"Okay." Said the voice.

White light glows from above my head and the light floats down into my hands and shifts into the same gold orb from before.

"What's happening in the Nether?" I asked the orb.

White light glows from the orb and the light surrounded me and then it faded and I found myself in the Nether Fortress. Shad was staring out the giant window. I then saw Gene and Ein walking up to him.

"My lord..." Said Gene.

"Gene... There's something that needs to be... Taken care of..." Said Shad.

"What is it?" Gene asked.

Shad turns around to look at Ein and Gene.

"In the Overworld, my original heart has taken form. It's protecting itself as me in the past. However, it just died. But! The Fragment... that COWARD ZANE stole it! And I DO NOT WANT that fragment to fall into Irene's hands!" Shad explained.

"I think we understand." Ein said.

"Find Zane! Retrieve the Fragment at ALL COSTS! And then... kill him." Shad said.

"With pleasure." Said Gene.

"Alright." Ein added.

The two walk off but Shad speaks up to stop Ein. Gene walked through the Nether portal.

"Not you Ein. I need you to keep watch." Shad commanded.

"But... Ugh..." Ein mumbled.

Shad sighed.

"To think you used to work for the demon warlock... but he manipulated you..." Shad said.

"Yeah... THAT, was before I found out that Aphma— Err... Irene... was my sister." Ein said.

"Yes. And yet he taught you emerald magic. Several years ago he managed to find a way into your world, however he's returned to this world. And yet those elves might have information on the demon warlocks current location..." Shad said.

Ein's ears perked up a little bit.

"Wait... did you say... he's returned to this world?" Ein asked.

Shad looked at Ein as he raises an eyebrow.

"Heh... looks like my next stop... is Yggdrasil Village." Ein said.

He cracks a cruel smirk. Ein walks towards the Nether portal.

"Oh no... he's coming!" I thought with worry.

"Where are you off to?" Shad asked.

Things were quiet for a brief second.

"I've got unfinished business to take care of." Ein replied.

When he said those words, it made me feel very uneasy. Ein hesitates as he takes another step.

"OOOhhh... I forgot to mention... what happens when the Fragment goes to Aaron instead of you?" Ein asked.

"If the Fragment breaks and goes to Aaron Lycan, it will shift into the final piece of my relic. And it will be absorbed by him. However, his Ultima power will block out the fragments power, preventing us from finding it." Shad explained.

"So basically his Ultima power will protect the fragment if it goes into him." Said Ein.

So that's why no Shadow Knights have found me. My Ultima power is protecting this fragment. Ein then walked through the Nether portal as Shad went back to looking outside the window.

White light glows from above my head and the light surrounded me and then it faded and I found myself in the dark room again.

"You must wake up now!" The voice told me.

~~Dream Ends~~

I bolt out of my sleep. I see Other Aphmau, Katelyn, Lucinda, Aphmau, and Melissa talking. I then saw Alina and Lilith playing. I walked over to the little ones to keep them company.