Chapter 58: Visions Of The Past

(Aaron's POV)

We just discovered a secret passage! That's new. We proceed to walk through and once we got to he end, there was a door. Melissa opened it, and when we walked through, we found hundreds of books on hundreds of shelves.

We started browsing through the books but when Katelyn found one, the book was empty. No letters. But then she said that words appeared. When I looked at them, i suddenly blacked out.

~~Dream~~

I wake up in the dark room again. I wait for the voice. But instead I get some white light and a silhouette of a woman. She had wolf ears and tail but she also had angel wings.

"You. You're the one who keeps calling out to me aren't you??" I asked.

"Yes." The silhouette replied who sounded like my mother.

"Who are you?" I asked.

She walked closer and I got a better view of her appearance. Navy hair, silver eyes, and the same kind of skin as Ein's. She was wearing a white dress and white boots.

"Wha... what..?" I mumbled.

"It's nice to finally meet you in person. Aaron Lycan. My future half-son-in-law which I might not be able to see in real life." Said the wolf Angel.

I was stunned by her appearance.

"I'm Erika. I'm Ein's mother." She said.

This was the lady who has been speaking to Aphmau about Deimos. The one who has been speaking to my sister about the Void Burn. The one who been warning me about Shadow Knights.

"I hope you can forgive the poor manners of my son. I guess Zack didn't teach him to be polite." Said Erika.

"E... Erika... so... you've been watching down on us all this time?" I asked.

"Yes. And I am deeply disappointed in what my son did to you and your lover." Erika told me.

We talked about how she managed to do all of this and then she showed me a vision of the past with Shad and Irene. Irene used to be a human but when she was protecting her village from "the Shadow", she went to find him. But eventually, "the shadow" found her. He had that same purple sword that I had. It was Shad. I'm surprised Irene was calm about it. They fought but Irene ended up taunting Shad somehow.

After that vision ended, I looked to Erika.

"I need you to wake up." Said Erika.

"Alright." I replied.

~~Dream Ends~~

As I snap back into reality, I look to Aphmau and everyone else.

"Aaron?! What happened???" Aphmau asked in a panic.

"I... I think I saw the past!" I exclaimed.

"We gotta get you back, come on!" Said Katelyn.

We all followed Katelyn. Whatever I just saw, it's a clue to Irene's backstory.