Chapter 23: Zoey

(Lucinda's POV)

We arrived that the island that Zoey was at. The wolf pups decided to stay on the boat. Me and the rest of the gang got off the boat.

It wasn't long until and elf came along. She was Zoey. Other Aphmau hugged her. Zoey was suprised to see Aphmau but then Other Aphmau explained that me and my friends are from another world and Zoey began to understand.

Zoey was so thrilled to see the little ones. Especially Levin. After she stopped talking to Levin, she walked over to Aaron.

"So you're the other Aaron. Huh." Said Zoey.

"Y-yeah..." Aaron replied.

Zoey chuckled for a second.

"Sorry it's just... the Aaron in our world is human and you're... a werewolf." Said Zoey as she noticed Aaron's ears and tail.

"Well... I'm an Ultima Werewolf." Said Aaron.

"Ultima?" Levin asked.

"But... I thought they were myths!" Zoey exclaimed.

"Welp... you're looking at one kid." Aaron said.

Zoey cracks a smile.

"Yeah. You sure are the Ultima little bro." Said Melissa.

Zoey looked at Melissa surprise.

"Huh? Little brother? Are you his big sister?" Zoey asked.

"Yeah." Melissa replied.

Levin joins in the conversation.

"But you look like you're younger than him." Said Levin.

I start talking.

"Well... to tell you he truth, she is more mature than Aaron is." I said.

"True. So true Lucy." Said Aphmau.

Zoey then began to tell us that she's taking us to Yggdrasil Village. She wants Aphmau, The one I've known since high school, to see the Heart of Darkness with her own eyes.

We all begin to follow Zoey but she told us about a protection spell and something about how the trees like to absorb life that is foreign to these lands. We understood her warning.

I start to feel a tiny bit concerned about this village. Something tells me that the villagers are not gonna be pleased to see us...