Chapter 107: A Ghost's Sacrifice

(Aphmau's POV)

Still in my new form, I used the magic of the relics to make them go into the hole to go back into the afterlife. But that's when I saw Shad, now a purple ghost, fly over to me and grab his relic and the fly over to Ghost and grab her by the hair and fly out of the room.

"NO!!" Kim exclaimed.

She reached out for Ghost but it wasn't any use. When the relics when into the after life, the wings on my back disappeared and I fell to the ground, weak. My new form then shifted back into my regular clothes. I was back in my purple flame jacket, white shorts, and orange and purple flip flops. The purple aura around me faded as well.

I noticed that the hole that led to the after life was slowly closing in. Shad was about a few feet above us, had Ghost in his grasp as he held her by the neck in his left hand while he held the relic in his right hand.

"I will not fail. The relic is mine." Shad said.

He puts it close to his chest, the relic tries to get absorbed into him, even though he's a purple ghost now.

"Now that I have it, I can have my own physical form! I won't need to possess anyone! I'll cause chaos everywhere I go! I'll cause destruction anywhere in the universe! And yet the entire multiverse is within my grasp! My relic—" Shad says but gets cut off.

Ghost grabs his relic before it could even get absorbed by him again. The burning feeling made her wince in pain and Shad tried to take it out of her hands.

The two flied like deflating balloons and the fought over the relic.

"That relic is mine!!!" Shad yelled.

"DID ANYONE EVER TELL YOU THAT YOU NEED TO LEARN TO LET THINGS GO?!?!?!" Ghost shrieked.

Ghost saw Kim as she looked at Ghost with fear. Ghost smiles tearfully.

"Don't forget me." Ghost said with her voice almost breaking.

She got her hand out of Shad's grip, and threw the relic into the closing hole. The she flew backwards with Shad. My eyes widened.

Ghost, who had been beside us these past three years flew backwards with a sad, teary-eyed, smile, knowing that she has accepted fate. There was no time to shout back. There wasn't any time to save her.

My gaze followed Ghost's body. There were no words that could be said as she flew backwards with Shad behind her back. There was no way to get her out of there. All I could do was watch her fly into the lava-like waterfall up ahead.

"NOOOOOOOOooo!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed.

"GHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Kim shrieked.

I tried reaching out to save her but I was too weak from earlier. It seems like the power of Irene's relic drained a lot of energy out of me.

Ghost and Shad then splashed into the lava, fading in sight.

"GHOOOOSST, NOOO!!!!" I cried out.

Hot tears escaped from my eyes and dripped from my cheeks. I was so sad. Ghost had accepted her fate. She sacrificed herself for us. For this world.

Kim bursted into tears, sobbing and she fell to her knees. The hole that led to the afterlife still hasn't closed yet. Garroth and Erika walked over to her. They took a knee and softly patted her shoulders.

"Kim..." Garroth said.

His ears and tail flopped down and Kim hugged him tightly with sadness. Tears fell from his eyes.

"Ghost....." Said Kim.

Erika walked over to Ein and their was and tail flopped down. Everyone else teared up. Other Aphmau, Other Aaron, Other Lucinda, Other Garroth, Dottie, Daniel, Rylan, Maria, Zane, Kawaii~Chan, Lucinda, and Melissa began to cry.

We saw a bright light emerge from the lava-like water fall. Two orbs floated out. One dark purple with a mix of red and black and the other grey with a mix of light blue and dark blue. I then realized that the two orbs are Ghost and Shad!

The grey orb floated over to me. It spoke.

"I'm sorry for what I did. I did it to protect you." Said the orb.

"G-Ghost?" I asked.

"Yes. It's me Aphmau. I'm no longer gonna have to be by your side. My time has come. I need to join the afterlife. Someone needs to watch Shad." Ghost told me.

"I understand." I said.

I hug the orb. I realize now that she is ready to go to rest away.

"I'll always remember you." I said.

"Always." Ghost replied.

The grey orb (Ghost) and the purple orb (Shad) floated into the hole that led to the afterlife. I smiled knowing that Shad will no longer have to bother us anymore. He is defeated, and locked away forever in the afterlife.

I walk over to Kim, she softly smiled with tears. I hug her.

"Cheer up, Kim. I'm sure she'll be happier in the afterlife." I said.

Little did I know is that I heard someone get up. I stopped hugging Kim and I turned around to see Aaron. But.... his eyes were still red, completely blood red. My eyes widened with fear.

He saw the purple sword, picked it up, and charged at me, making a massive cut in my right forearm.

"AAAGH!!!!" I screamed.

The pain make me fall back into the wall at the very end. I saw the doppelgänger trio (Other Aphmau, Other Aaron, Other Garroth, and Other Lucinda) back up onto the left. The wolf pups including Ein and Erika backed up onto the right. Garroth and Kim stood by the wolf pups and Lucinda and Zane stood by the doppelgänger trio. Kawaii~Chan grabbed Aaron's left arm and Melissa grabbed his right arm, grabbed the purple sword, and flew it away. Thank Irene it didn't hit anyone. They kept him in place, making sure he wouldn't attack anyone.

I slowly got up, grabbing my right forearm and wincing in pain. I quickly realized something.

"Crap..." I thought.

He's being controlled by his rage again.