second chance

when the lecture is over, I can really breathe. But before I can even get into the bunker for the locker room, Piper catches me. "Ondreaz came to see me earlier because he was obviously worried. "Apparently, you left him in the cafeteria. What's up, Nike?" I sigh. "He hid the fact that he's famous and somehow I get the feeling that he's not serious" "ohh Nike" Piper hugs me. "I'm just so afraid of getting hurt" "I can understand that! Talk to me about this stuff, you don't have to keep it all inside you." I nod. "And the thing about Ondreaz, I understand you in a way, but maybe there is an explanation" "and if not?" "I don't know. Think for yourself how you act."

The training with Clay is going much better today than yesterday, even though I feel like I'm under constant observation of the football players. "We're gonna do two more sprints and then we're done." Clay claps her hands, I sprint.

By the time I come out of the locker room after a fresh shower, the football players' training is over. Relieved, I set off."Nike, wait" I hear somebody calling my name, but I keep going.  "Hey, I told you to wait" Ondreaz is suddenly beside me, holding my arm."Let me go" I shake his hand off and keep walking.  Dumbfounded, he stops. "Did I do something to you or why are you acting so bitchy?"I walk on unperturbed.  I hear a sigh and a short time later he is walking next to me. He grabs my arm again and makes me stop.

"Please look at me, Nike" I keep my eyes on the ground. "Listen, I'm sorry about what happened Friday, I didn't mean to give you a hickey or touch you against your will, ok? I don't know, it was so harmonious, it just happened. But I'm really sorry, but please talk to me" I sigh and raise my eyes keeping a straight face.. "That's not it" I start walking again, but Ondreaz can easily keep up with me. "Then what, Nike?"

I sigh and look at him. My face is burning because I feel rage inside. "When were you going to tell me that you are famous? Before or after you went to bed with me?" "What?" He looks at me confused. "You asked me if I knew about TikTok, because I said no, you knew that you could make fun of me" "You don't believe that yourself" meanwhile we have arrived at my bike and I get on to cross my arms in front of my chest.

"Nike, I only asked you to know if you know who I am and whether that's the only reason you were with me" I give him an annoyed look. "And when you realized I didn't have a plan, why didn't you say something?" "How do you imagine that? by the way Nike, I have 8 million followers on TikTok, just so you know. Don't sound arrogant" "But then at least I would have known where I was standing" "now let's be honest, if I had said that to you, you would have left immediately" I have to admit that this is true. "I wanted you to get to know the real me and not the way I show myself every day on the internet" I get a little bit of guilt, because I can understand him very well.

"Please, give me another chance and I'll show you how I really am and if it doesn't turn out well you can hate me afterwards" I sigh "All right, Thursday, pick me up at 7 and think about what we'll do" "All right, I'll be there" he smiles at me. I smile back for a second and drive off.

When I tell Piper that I am meeting Ondreaz on Thursday, she jumps into my arms overjoyed. "What are you gonna do?" Curious, she smiles at me. I shrug my shoulders. "I told him to think of something" she smiles mischievously. "All right, sister" I laugh. "Just promise me that you will listen to your inner voice, even if it blocks you again, ok? Don't do anything rash and only do what you want!" Piper is looking at me seriously. "Yes, Aunt Piper," I roll my eyes and laugh. "I'm just so happy for you," she hugs me.

Nothing extraordinary happens for the next few days. We are practicing for the opening game of the football team and Clay is sure that this is the last week where I need separate training. Ondreaz only came to me once to tell me to just come in jeans and t-shirt and we'll go somewhere for dinner.

Much too fast it is Thursday night and I stand nervously in front of the mirror in our room. I look down at myself. My band shirt is a bit too big for me and my jeans have holes at the knees. "You look good" Piper smiles at me from her bed. I go into the bathroom and I put on makeup.  After looking at myself in the mirror one last time, I put on my little backpack and look at the clock. Five minutes to seven. I say goodbye to Piper, who tells me one last time that I should only do what I really want to do. "Have fun" she hugs me one last time before I leave the room.

Love youuu ❤️
Thx for 100 reads 🙏