space between

The next morning I get up in a good mood and am welcomed by Caroline with pancakes. After a nice breakfast, we pack my bike into Caroline's car and Caroline drives me to college.

In the lunch break I meet Piper in front of the canteen. She just gives me a hug. "I have to show you something later" "but first let's eat, ready to see Ondreaz?" "Is there anything else I can do?" Piper shakes her head and pulls me with her. I look over at the football table and I see Ondreaz looking right at me, his look gets sad and I look away quickly. "Shit, I can't do this," I grab an apple from the basket and leave the cafeteria. Piper sprints after me.

"What happened?" She stops me. "I hurt Ondreaz just because I was afraid he would hurt me. I didn't mean to" I let the tears run. "Nike, I'm sure he knows it wasn't your intention to hurt his feelings" "but I did it anyway and I can't face him" "come on" Piper drags me along.

We'll sit on the roof. "Is it okay to go up here?" Intrigued, I look around. "I've never been caught yet" I bite my apple and hand it to Piper, who smiles and bites it off. "You wanted to show me something " I nod and pull out my laptop "Your message yesterday kind of inspired me" I show her the note. She reads aloud.

"I didn't know what you were going through
I thought that you were fine
Why did you have to hide?
I didn't want to let you down
But the truth is out
It's tearing me apart, not listening to my heart
I really had to go
And I would never stop you
Even though it changed
Nothing has to change
And you can find me in the space between
Where two worlds come to meet
I'll never be out of reach
'Cause you're a part of me so you can find me in the space between
You'll never be alone
No matter where you go
We can meet in the space between
And nothing can stay the same
It's growing pains
Be proud of all the scars
They make you who you are (oh, woah)
I know you have to stay
But I'll never really leave you
Nothing has to change even though it changed
And you can find me in the space between
Where two worlds come to meet
I'll never be out of reach
'Cause you're a part of me so you can find me in the space between
You'll never be alone
No matter where you go
We can meet in the space between
There are no words left to say
I know you gotta find your place
But this is not the end (no)
You're part of who I am
Even if we're worlds apart
You're still in my heart it will always be you and me, yeah
You can find me in the space between
Where two worlds come to meet
I'll never be out of reach (I'll never be out of reach) no
'Cause you're a part of me so you can find me in the space between
You'll never be alone
No matter where you go
We can meet in the space between, yeah
No matter where you go no matter where you go
We can meet in the space between"

Piper is on the verge of tears. "I wrote it as a duet and as soon as I set it to music with Luc, I want you to sing it with me" Piper's hugging me. "Thank you, it's beautiful" "I'm glad you like it" I smile at her. I quickly write a message to Luc to see if he has time to compose this afternoon. He writes me a time.

I'm back in his room after Luc finishes training. "I have four new lyrics" Luc looks at me in surprise. "Someone's been diligent," I laugh. "Rather inspired" "I heard about the thing from Ondreaz and you, are you okay?" "You'll see it in the lyrics, it's from Saturday, everything was still ok then" I show him the lyrics I wrote before the date. "I thought we could sing it to the beat that we started last time" he nods. "Should we finish this one first and then sing the lyrics?" I agree.

After half an hour we finish the beat and go back to the garage to sing it. When that's done as well, we're back in his room."The song is great" I take the headphones off. "You're doing most of the work here, so sing your praises" Luc smiles at me.  "That's not true, I'd be totally lost without your skills."

when we did the duet for Piper and me, we called Piper to come over and sing. "I've already set the song to music, or rather, I've written lyrics to the notes" I show him the song I sang to Caroline. "Will you play it for me?" "It's for piano" Luc nods and we go down one floor, because there is a grand piano there. "Can I film it?"I nod. I put my fingers on the keys and play a little.

"Nike, that was awesome! We have to record the song, I mean, we can put some violins and guitars and everything in the background, but the song is perfect" Luc turns it up and runs straight back to his room. He scans the notes and inserts them into his program. Just as we are about to go back to singing, the doorbell rings. Piper is there. "Perfect timing" I'm dragging her into the garage.

When both songs are sung, we go back into Luc's room. "Think of a melody for the last song, I'll get them both done quickly" Piper looks confused between us "There are more songs?" "Yeah, Nike brought four." "Four? I thought there were only two" I shake my head

After 20 minutes Luc takes off the headphones. "Nike, the songs have turned out so great" he hands the headphones to Piper and me. First Piper and my duet, which gives me the creeps. Piper grabs my hand and squeezes it. "It's beautiful" she smiles at me. Afterwards Luc shows us the song from the piano, while I give him the lyrics to the last song.

Piper takes the headphones out speechlessly. "Nike, you wrote this?" I nod. "Wow, I mean, this is way too good to be just played by a college band," she takes me in her arms. "Thank you." I smile at her.

"What do you say we turn this song into a duet, too? We only need to rewrite two lines." Luc gives me back my laptop. "Will you sing it with me?" He nods. "Sure, so I would change this i was already hurt, in you were already hurt" he tells me how to divide the song into parts. "good idea. By the way, I was thinking about such a nice guitar playing in the verse and a rise in the chorus" Luc nods and gets to work.

Thx for 5.8k reads🙏
Love youu❤️