dad

That night, I borrow Piper's car to pick up my father from the airport. He hugs me tight when he sees me. We walk to the car together. "So what do you need me for so badly?" I tell him about the contracts and the project. "It means I have to review the contracts and negotiate another two claims so you can be a star" I nod "We'll see about that tomorrow." "What does that mean?" "If the contracts are too bad, I won't let you sign them" I sigh. "Yes, understandable"

I'm stopping at Caroline's house. "Did you put me up at Caro's house?" My dad laughs when I nod. We ring the bell and Caroline happily opens the door. She immediately gives my dad a hug. "Nice to see you again, Charles." She smiles at us. "I've cooked dinner. Will you stay for dinner, Nike?" I nod and sit at the table with my father and Caroline shortly afterwards. While the two of them are talking intensely, I only throw a few sentences in between. Later, when we are on the couch and reminiscing a bit, my mobile phone rings. "Sorry, I have to take this", I get up and take the call.

"Hello, this is Nike Walker". "Hello Nike, it's William Brown. I just wanted to let you know that the contracts are ready and you can come tomorrow." "Great, I'll come tomorrow evening with my father." "Good, is six o'clock OK?" I agree and wish him a good evening before I hang up and go back to the living room

"It was William Brown, the project manager, he wants us to come over tomorrow at 6 for signing" "great, would you like to do something together tomorrow then?" My dad smiles at me. "I have one more gig with the band, but we can go for a walk afterwards and have dinner after the trial" My dad nods. "Sounds good" "Well, I think I'll go home. Will you come to the gig tomorrow?" He nods. I say goodbye to them both and drive back to the dorm.
I'll write a little more with Ondreaz before going to bed.

The next morning I get up at eleven and have a nice breakfast. When we have a sound check at one o'clock, I realize how happy I am that my father is coming. At half past two we are on stage and I wave to my dad and Caroline. We play for about one and a half hours and so my dad and I have two hours left until we have to be at ColemanRecords. We drive to the dormitory first so I can shower and change before we go to the beach and walk along the promenade.

"To be honest,Nike, I wasn't really sure if this contract was good for you, but when you were on stage before, you were sitting so happy. You felt good up there, you could tell" I smiled at my dad."I feel good up there.  I belong on stage" "I believe that too, so let's negotiate this contract today" I hug him happily. "Thanks, Dad"

At six o'clock sharp we are standing at the reception on the 18th floor and are immediately taken to the conference room. Frank, William and Emma introduce themselves to my father and briefly welcome me, too. While Frank searches for the contracts on the laptop, William explains to my father how talented I am and that I have a good chance of becoming famous. Frank presents the contracts to my father, who reads them carefully. "Well, I have a few questions and Nike would like to make a few demands" he smiles at everyone.

"Well, then this is the final contract" Frank sends his secretary to print out. "Thanks" I whisper to my father He's got all my claims in the contract "Nike, you're sure you want to do this?" Emma looks at me smiling. I nod. "Good, please come over to our side, we want to capture this metaphorically" I sit down between Frank and William while Emma stands behind me. I sign and have to smile for a few more photos. "In three weeks at the latest, we'll have everyone together, but you're welcome to show yourself around the company. We'll be happy to introduce you to the other participants when they have signed" I nod and say goodbye to all three. "I'll get in touch with you soon for promotion and advertising" Emma shakes my hand and I nod.

"What do you think about pizza?"  We get back in the car and drive off. "Sounds good, how about we go to our old regular pizza place?" My father nods and drives off. I write to Ondreaz that I signed the contract. He congratulates me. Then I write to the band that I signed and that I want to meet them briefly tomorrow. "When are you flying home tomorrow?" I turn back to my dad. "I think I'll take the 5:00 plane" I nod.

dinner with my dad is nice. "Honestly, Nike, how are you really doing here?" I sigh, because I had a feeling that the question would come up. "It was hard at first, but Piper, my roommate, is really great and she supports me in every way she can. But still I always felt like I didn't fit in here and I pushed everyone away from me, well, you know how it is with me" my father nods. "But everything has settled down. Since the day before yesterday I've been in a relationship with one of the football players" "with a football player?" I'm nodding. "He's not just a footballer, he's known on the Internet for dancing." "So he's famous?" My father doesn't look happy when I nod.

"Nike, honey, are you sure he means that seriously with you?I don't want you to go through the same thing again as after the breakup with Leo" he looks at me worried.  "Yes, I'm sure, dad. We have been through a lot together and he has always fought for me" I smile at him "You've only known each other three weeks!" "You know how I am, it's not easy with me and yet he never gave up" My father sighs. "All right, but take care" I smile. "Of course, Dad"

Thxx for 14.8k reads
Love youuuuu❤️