gotta find where I belong

Later Luc and I stand together in the recording room and wear the headphones from which the composed music is played. I start singing: How do people make it look easy
Are they happy or just good at deceiving?
I just want a bit of that feeling for myself
I don't put the pressure of soulmates
I just want somebody who knows me
'Cause every now and then I admit"

"I need a little bit of help" we both sing.

"I don't feel like I belong
Anywhere, where, where, where" sing I.

"How do things keep going wrong?
How did we get here, here, here?" sings Luc.

"The more I cover up my flaws
The more they appear
I gotta find where I belong
Ah, ah-ahh" is my part again.

"I wish that I could feel the way you do sometimes
You're stuck on the outside, while I'm in here wonderin' why
I had to make it worse, you were already hurt
Don't wanna be another thing on your mind
I wish that I could make it change, instead of making mistakes
Tryna hold you up, instead I'm the one pushing away
Just wanna understand, but every time I can't
And I don't know why" is Luc singing.

"Everywhere I go don't feel like home
Even my parents, they act like they know
Guess I have to leave to finally see
If there's someone out there and they're just like me
Then I'll go
Yeah, I'll go" is me again.

Late tonight, Piper and I are going home. "You're feeling better, aren't you?" Piper's looking at me from the side. "a little" "the songs that you write, is that really what you think, so are those your feelings?" I nod. "They almost write themselves," "so also that you'd like to change the past so you could be braver?" I'm nodding. "What would you change?" "Many things" "including the thing with Ondreaz? I mean, you're singing about how you broke the best thing you ever had that's related to Ondreaz, right?" I sigh and nod again. "I would like to tell him that I didn't mean all that and what I really feel" "then do it" "I don't know if he would talk to me" "you would change the past to be braver, but in the present you wouldn't be? Nike, show him the song" I sigh. "You're right. It's worth a try"

"I have one more question, Nike. You sing: if you had everything, you don't know if it would mean anything, what do you mean?" "Well, what if you have everything right now, but you don't know it, would you be satisfied or would you always want more?" "Wow, I never wondered that before" "well, I had to think about how happy I was on Saturday when I was at Ondreaz, we laughed, made out and cuddled, I felt totally comfortable, but instead of being satisfied with the evening I wanted to have more and since I didn't get it, I pushed it away" Piper nods fascinated. "It never would have occurred to me"

In the dorm, I make myself something to eat and go to the room where Piper was apparently waiting for me. "I guess I'm not gonna need you to show Ondreaz the song anymore." "What do you mean?" "Because he's probably already seen parts of it," she shows me her phone. I freeze when I see Luc's Insta Story. he posted a clip of the video of me playing. It shows the second verse and the chorus. He writes: "an honour to work with such a talented girl #wondering #" "shit" I sigh. "What, this is great!" Piper looks at me confused. "The song is pretty personal and I wrote it for Ondreaz, now the whole college sees it again" "so what? Last time you got a lot of praise for your song, it won't be any different this time" she takes me in her arms.

The next day I have a later class than Piper, so I walk there alone at 10. I just reach the front door when someone comes towards me. "Nike, I'm from Gossip and Talk, can I ask you a few questions about the video?" Oh, great. Now I've got gossip people all over me because of Luc. "No," I just slip into the building. "Please, Nike, just a few questions!" "I said no." "Did you write that song for Ondreaz? What is your relationship? What's true about the rumors that you had a fight?" I ignore him and walk into my classroom with quick steps.

When I'm on my way to the canteen, I really want to talk to Ondreaz, I see from a distance that the guy from Gossip and Talk is standing in front of the canteen. Great, I can't go in there and talk to Ondreaz if the guy is following me! I turn around and text Piper that I can't get into the cafeteria. I spend the rest of my lunch hour in the library, always on guard to see if the guy shows up.

During training Piper comes up to me. "I thought you were going to talk to Ondreaz. Did you get cold feet again?" I shake my head. "I'm being chased by a guy from Gossip and Talk" "oh shit, what does he want from you?" "well, what do you think? He keeps asking me about the video and Ondreaz" Piper sighs. "Shit" "yeah pretty shit" we focus on the training

"Should we wait here so you can talk to Ondreaz?" Piper and I are just leaving the locker room "Yeah, sure" we're just leaving the bunker when I hear my name again "Nike, are we finally getting answers?" I sigh as I spot the guy again. "I'm taking you away" Piper puts her arm around me and pulls me away. "But I wanted to talk to Ondreaz," "you can talk to him later, first we'll get away from this guy," I nod and let Piper take me to her Mini. "She's not giving an interview so get lost" Piper calls to the back.

Thxx for 6.6k reads🙏🙏
Love youuuu❤️