The last time

After explaining to my brother what Emma just told me, we open my notes and look at the lyrics for which there is no melody yet. But I was wrong, only to "Older than I am" I have no melody yet, but the song is not suitable for a DJ number. "What about this one?" My brother points to "the Last Time". I sigh. "I wrote that one for Ondreaz back in the day" I open the note and read it through.
The day I met you
I thought you were just, just another
But you put your hand on mine
And made the winter feel like summer
It wasn't clear from the start
But you made your way in my heart
And I can say this is the last time
I will fall in love
I always wanted this
But I just wasn't ready for you
Chased after wild hearts
But finally they lead me to you
You brought my tears to an end
You're more than just a good friend
And I can say this is the last time
I will fall in love
I never knew a man could be
So gentle and sincere
You stayed and waited for me
When I couldn't see through my fears
If I could choose anyone
I'd still come running straight to your arms
You are my earthly home
You have the key to my heart
You are the best thing
That has happened in my 19 years
I was so terrified but you have shut down all of my fears
You kept me safe from the start
Always protecting my heart
Now I can say this is the last time I will fall in love
I was a scared little girl
I had some healing to do
Your heart was bleeding
Needed someone to believe in you
You have lifted me up
Now I believe in love
Keeps getting better my forever and my only one

"Do you still feel that way?" I nod and the tears come back. "I can't forget him and I want to go back to him" "Nike, I'm not exactly an expert on relationships, but maybe he feels the same way, I saw the way he looked at you" "He feels the same way too" I hand him my mobile phone, on which the video of Tony is playing. My brother sighs. "If I could choose anyone I'd still come running straight to your arms, do you still mean that?" I nod again. "Nike, maybe you should give Ondreaz another chance" "I'm afraid to, Petro. What if he hurts me again? I'm afraid to be alone" I sob. "He's learned from his mistake, I'm sure. Best you go to him when you get to LA" I nod. "But... if it doesn't end well? Piper is at her parents' until New Year's Eve, then I'm alone" my brother sighs. "Would it help if I went to LA with you?" I look at my brother with big eyes "You would do that?" he nods.

So the next noon, I'm on a plane to LA with my brother. We land late at night and drive straight to my dorm. While my brother lies in my bed and sleeps, I lie in Piper's bed and think about everything. Should I really go to Ondreaz tomorrow? A mixture of courage and fear is building up in my body. What do I do when I see him? What do I do when things don't go well?

The next morning, my brother and I go to a small restaurant for breakfast. "do you feel ready?" I nod. "And Nike, if anything goes wrong, which I don't think it will, I'm there for you, I promise" My brother puts his hand on mine. "Thanks" I mumble.