opening game

Since we get the permission to play three songs with the band at the party after the opening game, we are only busy with rehearsals for the next two days. We also try to play my song, but decide not to play it on Thursday. 

On Thursday I'm totally excited when we have to go out on the field with the cheerleaders. But our choreo works out well and when we greet our players, Ondreaz looks at me with a grin. The boys win the game and while Piper and I get ready for the gig, we celebrate a little bit.

Then it's time to step up on stage and suddenly I get nervous. "We can do this" Luc gives me an encouraging hug. I nod and we go on stage to great applause. We start with "Daddy Lessons" by Beyonce. As I move across the stage, I find Ondreaz in the audience, raising his thumbs.I have to smile and concentrate on the music again.

When we are done with our songs, everybody stands up and wants an encore. I turn around to Luc. "We make Unloved" startled I look at him. "Luc...I don't know if I can do this" "hey, we're here for you" Piper puts her arm around me protectively. I sigh. "All right," I step back up to the microphone. "All right, we'll do an encore" Luc speaks and gets a big hand. "Yes, the song that comes next is a very special one! Nike, our singer, wrote it herself" The crowd applauds and I smile briefly. I feel very queasy.

Joana starts with the foreplay and I start. With my eyes closed I sing and think myself away from the stage. Ondreaz shines before my inner eyes and I feel a bit more secure. I take the voices of Joana, Lisa and Piper who are the choir. After I can stand the high note, I open my eyes. Everyone is staring at me and I continue singing insecurely. But I also manage the next high note well. Joana plays the outro and the girls let it end with their voices. Suddenly I realize that I have just sung my darkest feelings to the whole college.
Luc is doing a moderation when I leave the stage with quick steps and tears run down my face.  Only when I get to the dressing room do I stop. I sit down on the bench and bury my face in my hands, letting the tears run.

I hear the door open. "Here you are. We were worried" Ondreaz sits down next to me and puts an arm around me. I put my hands in front of my face so he wouldn't see that I was crying. "Hey, you don't have to hide, it's all right" he gets up and kneels in front of me. "Nike, tell me, what's going on" "nothing, everything is fine" "oh and that's why you ran off the stage and hid in the locker room?" I sigh and take my hands away from my face. "Come here" he spreads his arms and I gratefully accept the hug.

A little while later I calm down a bit and sit on the bench again with Ondreaz. "Why were you crying?" Ondreaz has his arm around me again and my head is on his shoulder. "I just showed my feelings to the whole college. What do they think I am after that song? A depressed person who wants attention? I didn't want to sing that song" "don't tell yourself that, so I don't know if you noticed, but the whole audience loved your song, the applause was huge" "you're just saying that to make me feel better"

"I can even prove it to you, check out Twitter" he gives me his phone. "Respect, for the song and Nike! She's singing what many people feel. Way to go! #unloved" I read out loud. "You see, even on the gossip app the hashtag unloved is at the top. Nike, people don't judge you, they respect and praise you, that you feel exactly what you sing" "so nobody thinks I'm funny?" Ondreaz shakes his head. "So what, I still like you the way you are" he smiles at me. "That's enough for me" I smile. "I like you better when you smile, although I must say that a cried look suits you quite well."

After I have freshened up again, I leave the locker room together with Ondreaz. We walk back towards the stage where a Dj is playing music. "Nike, there you are" Piper falls around my neck in relief. "We are so sorry we made you sing that song. Are you okay?" I nod. "Yeah, I'm fine" I smile at Ondreaz, who smiles right back."Well then, I'll go and tell the others that you're back" she smiles at me mischievously.

"Want to dance?" Ondreaz holds out his hand to me, which I accept with a smile. we go out on the dance floor together. "Nike, great song" an unknown girl smiles at me "uh thank you" i smile back confused. all evening i get compliments from people i have never seen before. late at night Ondreaz takes me home "thank you, it was a great evening" he smiles at me goodbye. "Yes, thank you above all for making me feel better" I smile back. "You are welcome, as I said before,  you are just beautiful when you smile" there is a short silence. "Well, good night" I unlock the door. "Nike, wait" I turn around again and suddenly feel Ondreaz's lips on mine. He kisses me tenderly...

"Good night, sleep tight" he smiles at me and turns away. My body explodes with joy and my thoughts are like a roller coaster. What the fuck has he done to me? I slip inside the house and sneak into the room.

Thx for 900 reads 🙏
Love youuu ❤️