Stand

The next noon, we get the next bad news. "Alan brought a statement." Piper sighs. "What does he say?" Curious, I reach for Piper's cell phone. "I don't know if you should be reading this" "oh, come on. Let me read it" Piper hands me her cell phone. "the truth about Nike Walker: Alan Maddox about his exit" is the headline.

"They are the most successful newcomers in America right now. The group "the Dreamers", which includes singer Nike Walker and the boy band Planless, are currently in the charts. The musicians between 19 and 23 were put together by ColemanRecords and many friendships have formed. So it was all the more surprising when yesterday the exit of Alan Maddox from the project became known, because according to rumours he was in a relationship with Nike Walker. Has the couple split up? While there was no statement from the 19-year-old yet, Alan commented on his exit and does not leave a good word for Nike. "She is the most conceited and narcissistic woman I know. The whole project should be all about her. She forces everyone to do things that give her more attention, including our relationship. I didn't want to be a part of it anymore" he says about his exit. Were we all wrong about sweet Nike? Up to now she was always an angel and her songs would also suggest a nice girl. So what's the truth in Alan's statement?"

I have to let the article sink in first. "All good?" Piper's looking at me worried again. "I can't believe it." I shake my head in disbelief. "Don't worry about it. Planless, Alyssa, Madeline and Kaylee have already taken your side" she goes on Instagram and opens the story of Kyan "All lies. Always there for you, best friend" is written on the picture of Kyan and me. Oh the others have commented on the article in the form of a picture with me, only David shows no reaction so far. "They were friends. He has to digest this first" Piper shrugs her shoulders. "But I won't let that get me down." I open up my laptop and start typing away. "It's about time I not only sat still, but spoke up."

The next evening, William invited us to a meeting at short notice. We're flying to Italy this weekend to get away from all this chaos. Plus, I asked him for something. "I've written a new song and I want to sing it with all of you. It's a bit about Alan in it" everybody agrees, only David doesn't seem to be completely satisfied. "Hey I know that he is your best friend, so I put a little solo in it for you to sing" I hand him the lyrics. "Thanks" he smiles at me. Shortly afterwards we're all standing in the recording room.

I wanna scream, the top of my lungs
Not sitting back, won't hold my tongue
No some things are different than we thought
There's more to life than what we're taught
I'm speaking up enough's enough
Cause' I can't go on this way I
Gotta wake up and be brave
But I know I'll face the fire the fire if I say
I'm gonna stand strong
Nothing's stopping me
I'll be loud you'll hear me now
I'm gonna stand tall
Take it to the top I'll be free
Can't bring me down
So I'll rise won't turn back
I won't hide who I am
I'm gonna stand
Don't living life inside the lines
Following the rules and playing nice yeah
I'm stepping up with all my strenght
Even if they think it's a mistake
Won't turn my back won't close my eyes
On the edge I'll risk it all
It's worth the chance that I might fall
So I'm not backing down believe when I say
I'm gonna stand strong
Nothing's stopping me
I'll be loud you'll hear me now
I'm gonna stand tall
Take it to the top I'll be free
Can't bring me down
So I'll rise won't turn back
I won't hide who I am
I'm gonna stand yeah
I'm gonna stand oh
How can I just forget all the things in my head
Just stand oh you just stand and if I stand
Will I fall trying to knock down these walls
What if I don't know where I stand
I'm gonna stand strong
Nothing's stopping me
I'll be loud you'll hear me now
I'm gonna stand tall
Take it to the top I'll be free
Can't bring me down
So I'll rise won't turn back
I won't hide who I am
I'm gonna stand yeah
I'm gonna stand

It is Friday afternoon and we are on our way to Italy. The song left a good message and my statement was also well received by the press. Since we have a longer flight ahead of us, everyone is sleeping, only I can't sleep once again. I let myself go through the last weeks in my head. I'm looking for love all the time, for a real love, which is not over after a few months. Is that what I'm looking for? Why can't I just be happy if I'm happy but single? Love isn't easy to find, I've learned that. When we land in Italy, I have a new song.