selfish

That night, Ondreaz calls me on FaceTime. I tell him I'm going to spend the weekend in Miami. "I thought you weren't going away for the weekends until you went on tour" he sounds disappointed. "It'll just be a few to prepare" I try to comfort him "But we still won't see each other" it's more of an accusation than a statement "Are you seriously mad now? I mean, for how many weeks now we can only do something togheter on Friday nights and Sunday afternoons just because you're busy?" "But at least we can see each other on a day" "we can meet up on Sunday as soon as I get back" I sigh. "When are you coming back?" "I don't know yet. Probably at noon or evening" "And then? Will you come by for two hours and go home again?" He sounds annoyed.

"I don't understand your problem right now! I accept all these weeks that you have to make videos for your career and we hardly see each other because of it, but if I'm gone for one weekend for my career, then you're pissed?" "I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed we're not seeing each other because you're in Miami all weekend. If you stayed here, we could spend the whole day together on Sunday" he sighs.

"Are you trying to tell me you would prefer when I would not go to Miami?" I stare at him in shock. "At least that way we'd see each other." Ondreaz shrugs. All of a sudden, I get angry. "You knew all along I'd be gone from time to time when I signed the contracts for this project, and now you're telling me not to participate? I sacrifice myself week after week and try to do all my work on Saturdays so that we can see each other on Sunday at least for a few hours, but you can't do the same for me? Or at least be happy for me? I thought that you support me" I take a few breaths. "Hey, babe, listen..." "no, good night," before Ondreaz finishes, I end the call.

Piper, who was on her bed with headphones on during the whole conversation, takes them off. "Are you okay?" She gives me a startled look. "I can't believe it" I put my pillow over my face and I yell in loud. "Nike, what happened?"I tell her what Ondreaz and I were just discussing. "And he really wants you to stay here just so you can do something on Sunday? And on Saturday he'll be shooting his videos while you're alone in your room?I think he needs someone to throw the book him." Piper shakes her head in disbelief. "I can't believe he's asking me to do this" "and you're not gonna do it. You are going to Miami with me no matter what this guy's problem is." I nod.

The next morning I get up unmotivated. "I have no desire to see Ondreaz today" I sigh as I walk Piper to college. "Oh, he'll come around," she pats my shoulder consolingly. The reading just passes me by and in the break I sit down next to Piper and Luc and eat. Suddenly someone taps me from behind and I realize that it is Ondreaz. "Hey, can we talk for a second?" He gives me this insecure look. I turn around. "Talk" "I mean in private" I sigh and get up. We leave the building and sit on one of the benches outside the college.

"Listen, what I asked you to do last night was not okay. I was acting like a selfish asshole and I was only thinking of myself. I want you to be able to do your thing the same way I do mine, and I have to get used to the fact that we can't just go on my schedule. go to Miami and we'll meet up as soon as you get back. If you want, I can pick you up at the airport" I sigh. "I'd be happy to have you pick me up" I raise my head and smile at him. "All right, I'll do that," he hugs me. "I'm so sorry, I never meant to make you feel like I was wiping my feet on you and your career" "You really hurt me yesterday" Ondreaz sighs. "I know I was a complete asshole. Tony overheard the whole conversation and when you hung up he just said how selfish I really am and that I need to clear this up with you as soon as possible" "you did" I kiss him. "I love you, Nike, don't forget that" he strokes a strand of hair behind my ear. "I love you too"

Thx for 23.4k reads
Love youuu❤️