Just missing you

I creep through the house to distract myself a little, but end up in my music room. on my piano are notes that I wrote a year ago. The melody is soft and sad and immediately tears shoot into my eyes. I play the song again and again and suddenly the words shoot out of me. Crying I scribble some notes under the notes. I don't know how long I did it, but when I come out of the room my brother is sitting at the table and having breakfast. He looks at me in shock. "Haven't you slept?" I shake my head. He sighs and comes towards me. As he puts his arms around me, tears shoot back into my eyes. Silently, he holds me in his arms. "Have you written a song?" I nod. "Will you play it for me before we do the presents?" I nod and go to the music room with Petro. He sits down next to me at the piano and I put my hands on the keys and start playing.

When I am by myself
Looking at photos and videos
That we took
I've been keeping them for so long
And with my broken heart
I see all the pictures of myself
Living life without you just feels so wrong
I want you to be here with me
I know it sounds crazy
I miss your laugh and I miss everything
We used to be
And even if it is just for a while
Then God please, give us the time
I can't deal with the reality
There's nothing left that I can do
'Cause my heart is just missing you
I tried everything
Every way I could forget you
Just so I can live my life without you, ohh
Nothing is the same
It's hard for me
To erase all of the memories I have with you
I want you to be here with me
I know it sounds crazy
I miss your laugh and I miss everything
We used to be
And even if it is just for a while
Then God please, give us the time
I can't deal with the reality
There's nothing left that I can do
'Cause my heart is just missing you, ohh
Just missing you, ohh
I want you to be here with me
I know it sounds crazy
I miss your laugh and I miss everything
We used to be
And even if it is just for a while
Then God please, give us the time
I can't deal with the reality
There's nothing left that I can do
I can't deal with the reality
There's nothing left that I can do
'Cause my heart is just missing you, oh-whoa, whoa
'Cause my heart is just missing you, ohh

Petro wipes a tear from his cheek. "Did you write this for Mom?" I nod. "I wrote it about her and Ondreaz," my brother hugs me "It's beautiful, she would be so proud of you. And I'm sure she heard it" tears run down my cheek and I realize that Petro is struggling with the tears too. "Do you miss her too?" He sobs and then nods. "Of course" he presses a kiss on my hair and pulls me off my stool. "Come, now there are presents"

Since Christmas is not celebrated that big anymore since my mum died, I am sitting alone in my room again one hour later. All of a sudden, there's a knock on the door. "Hey, can I come in?" My brother smiles at me. I nod and move over a bit so he can sit with me. He lets himself fall next to me with a sigh and I lay my head on his shoulder. "Nike, I know that I was never really there for you when Mum died and I still blame myself for not being able to help you when Leo hurt you so much. But I want you to know that from now on I'll try to be there for you, even if it doesn't seem like it. Because I love you very much, little sister" again, tears come to my eyes. "I know that, Petro. I don't blame you.I love you too", I embrace him. "I wish I could make your life more beautiful or take away your pain" he sighs. "All is well, Petro. I'll survive."

after the emotional phase I spend the time to show Petro my songs, which will be released on my album soon. "You have so much talent. I am proud of you" he smiles at me. But our beautiful sibling moment is destroyed by my cell phone ringing. "This is my manager" I sigh. "Pick up the phone, superstar" he smiles at me.

"Emma?" "Nike, merry Christmas for now and sorry to disturb you today" "thanks, merry Christmas to you too and no problem, we don't really celebrate" "well, a DJ asked me if you would like to record a song with him, but he wants the lyrics by the day after tomorrow" "that won't be a problem, Emma. I still have some lyrics" "well, send it to me as soon as possible and have a nice holiday" I thank her and hang up.

Thxx for 63k reads
Love youuuu❤️