Recording

The next day I am punctually standing with my laptop in front of Lucs door. "Hey, glad you're here" Luc hugs me after he opens the door and lets me in. "We can go right up to my room" we walk up the stairs and enter a room. It's simply furnished with a bed and a desk and a big closet. Around the desk there are some instruments.

"The best thing is to sit down at the desk, then we can try out our ideas on my music program" he opens his laptop and opens a program. I sit down on the chair beside him and put my laptop on the desk. "Good, then show me your lyrics and tell me what you have in mind for this" I open the notes with the lyrics. "Well I imagined it to be more quiet, with a little bit like a choir supporting the voice" "we can do that, do you have a melody for the song?" "Not everywhere"

I hum the melody partly to him. "That sounds good. How about we record your voice first? I'll accompany you in the background with the guitar as support" I nod. "Well, then we have to go to the garage for a while" he gets up and I follow him. Arriving in the garage he opens a small next room and I am amazed when the inside of this room is discovered as a recording room. "My father works with music, that's why we have this" Luc laughs when he sees my astonished look.

"Just stand in front of the microphone. Have you ever sung anything?" I shake my head. "Just sing. Best we start with the verses" he pushes somewhere and sits behind me with the guitar. He tells me briefly what he's playing on the guitar so I can keep the tempo and tone. "You'll get it right, otherwise we'll just do it again" he counts in and I start.

Half an hour later we're back upstairs in his room. He loads the recordings into the program and gives me headphones. Fascinated I listen to my voice singing my song. "Happy?" I nod. "Good, and now to the background. You wanted some kind of choir?" I'm nodding. He's tinkering with the recording, and the next thing I know you can hear others behind my voice. "Perfect. Can we start with a little piano playing?" He nods and gets a keyboard. "Can you play?" I nod. He gives me they keyboard and I play the melody.

At night, I come back to the dorm happy. We finished the song and started writing a new one. "Piper, I have to show you what we did today," I burst into our room. "Good evening to you too" she sits on her bed. "I have something to show you too..." "me first! You have to listen to what we did"

"Nike, that's great" Piper looks impressed after I show her the finished song. "I know" I'm smiling at her. "Well, now I have something to show you. It's actually quite sweet, but I don't know what you'll think of it" She gives me her cell phone and plays a TikTok. Ondreaz is dancing and not just anything but SUGAR... the song he taught me. The video ends with a sigh. "look what it says underneath". "got caught up thinking about you again..." he wrote underneath. "do you think he means you?" Piper looks at me curiously. I'm still nodding my head, frozen. "What makes you so sure?""This is the song we danced to together." "You mean when you went out on Thursday?" Piper squeals as I nod.

"Well, you don't look too happy about it. He just confessed to you on TikTok that he can't get you out of his head" Piper seems confused but then sighs. "Did he call you?" I nod, but still can't think straight. "Did you pick up?" "It was during rehearsals yesterday" "Did you call him back?" I shake my head. "He left me a message" "what did he say?""Only when he'd be back and that I should call him back," "which you didn't do. Nike, I really don't understand you." "Why?"

"well, he tries to get a date with you even though you are so bitchy to him, then you have the perfect date, get along great and he posts a video that over 8 million people can see where he confesses that he is thinking about you and you are still not sure if you are not too different? I would have married this guy by now" "oh Piper, I just don't know" I throw myself on the bed. "Well then talk to him, damn it! Speak your mind and explain to him why you're acting the way you do" I nod, close to tears. "Maybe I should do this" "maybe?!" Piper sighs. "You do it tomorrow or I'll cut your head off" I have to laugh for a second. "Okay, I'll talk to him tomorrow," "you promise?" I'm nodding. "Okay" Piper seems happy.

Thx for 500 Reads 🙏
Love youu ❤️