ex

The next morning my brother and I make ourselves comfortable on our couch and watch movies. Suddenly the doorbell rings. "Is that Molly again?" My brother roll his eyes and laugh. "She wasn't going to pick me up till noon" Confused, I run to the door and open it. Frozen, I look at the person. "What are you doing here?" "I heard you were in town" Leo smiles at me "What do you want?" My face remains expressionless. "I wanted to see you, Nike, to apologize to you. What I did to you then was not okay" "It's a few years too late for that. But why the sudden change of heart?" "I met a new girl, and I realized I really loved you." "Really?" I raise my eyebrows skeptically. "I know I screwed up and I'm really sorry" "screwed up?you took advantage of me, you psychologically destroyed me, you're to blame that my trust in others is bad and that I'm incapable of healthy relationships" "I know I can't make it up to you" he sighs. "Listen We're throwing our annual Thanksgiving party tomorrow. I'd be honored if you came." "Why would I? I haven't been welcome there in years." Leo sighs again. "Nike, I've changed. Give me a chance to prove it to you" I roll my eyes and close the door.

Half an hour later I call Ondreaz. He's back in LA by now. I tell him about Leo's visit. "Your ex-boyfriend showed up at the door, apologized and invited you to his party?" "Yes, he did." "Are you gonna go?" "Why would I go? There's no reason why I should go to that party." "Yeah, right. I'm at a party tomorrow night. There's a college house party somewhere." I smile. "Have a good time." "Thanks. Do you know what time you'll be back in L.A. on Sunday?" "At night. I'll be spending Sunday with my family" "Sure. Just get back to me when you know what time it is Maybe I can see you then Cause I miss you" "I miss you, too, but I gotta go now. Molly'll be here soon. We're going bowling with her family" "You're going bowling?" Ondreaz laughs. "Yeah, we do that all the time." "Well, have fun." "Thanks, I love you." "I love you, too."

With Molly's family in the bowling alley, it's fun as always. Her older brother Shawn rips us all off, but we all have fun. After playing a few rounds, we sit down at one of the tables and eat. I tell Molly about Leo and the party. "And are we going?" I laugh. "First us? Since when are you hot for parties and secondly no, why would I go to my ex's party? I'm still wondering why he even invited me." "I know why," Shawn steps in. "Oh? And where?" Molly looks at her brother skeptically. "I have my contacts. He and his new one are having some problems right now. She apparently has a problem with you having a career" he winks at me. "Jealousy, huh? And he has nothing better to do than run to me. Of course he wants to use me for Fame" I shake my head stunned

"So we're going to this party tomorrow?" Molly looks at me with bright eyes. "And as we go" I smile at her before turning to her brother. "Say, Shawn, can you get your contacts to let me perform at that party tomorrow night?" I give him a sly smile. "I'll give anything" he smiles back. "Nike, what are you up to?" Molly looks at me a little worried."I'm gonna show him what I think of him right now" I wink at her. "But Shawn, now tell me a little bit more about his girlfriend."

The next morning I start to write a text, which is easier than I thought. Within two hours I have written the text. I quickly call Kyan and Luc and explain the situation to them. "You have to meet! I need an instrument that can strike" "We won't let you down, Nike. Give us three hours" Kyan hangs up and really three hours later I have a perfect instrumental on my laptop. Meanwhile Shawn has already texted me that he's got it covered and I'm ready to perform. I still check with Emma that I can do a small gig, but she has no problem with it. My brother, who watches the whole thing with a laugh, decides to accompany me to the party. "In case it escalates" he smiles at me.

In the evening I slip into jeans and a t-shirt with jacket and wait outside the door together with Petro for Molly and Shawn. We get into the car with them and make our way to Leo.

Arriving in Leo's party cellar I am greeted by many people who want nothing to do with me only half a year ago. Leo comes to greet me, but my brother blocks his hug for me. "I knew you would come" Leo smiles at me. "Can I get you something to drink" "No, thanks. I can walk myself" I throw him a fake smile and leave with my group.

Thx for 51k reads
Love youuu❤️