feel sorry for yourself

Thomas hugs me tight before I go inside. I turn around one last time and whisper a "thank you". "No problem" he sighs as I disappear into the house. In the room I close the door and collapse crying on the floor. Piper and Luc come tumbling to me immediately. "He cheated on me, Piper, he cheated on me with Megan" is all I can say. Piper takes me in her arms. "I know, Nike. Luc told me. I'm so sorry" she rocks me back and forth.

"Are you disappointed in Megan?" Meanwhile I sit on my bed and get comforted by Luc and Piper. Luc is shaking his head. "Secretly, I always knew this would happen. And unlike you and Ondreaz, we weren't in a serious relationship." He pats me on the arm, comfortingly. I nod. I barely get any sleep that night, but Piper and Luc get through it with me.

In the morning I take a shower and feel a little better afterwards. Piper checks up on me every once in a while to make sure I'm okay before we head off to college. "Nike, you have to prepare yourself for Ondreaz to want to talk to you" Piper puts a comforting arm around me. "I'm not gonna talk to him" "how are you gonna do that?" "I'm not going to the cafeteria" Piper sighs. "Meet me on the roof, I'll get something for you" "thanks, you're a real friend" I hug Piper.

After practice, I'm leaving the locker room with Piper when suddenly I hear my name behind me "Go" Piper pushes me forward. "Nike, wait. I want to talk to you" Ondreaz sounds desperate, while tears come back to my eyes. Outside, Piper calls for Luc, who immediately joins us. "Behind us" Luc nods and Piper pushes me on. "Luc, let me go, I have to talk to her" I hear Ondreaz behind me. "She has nothing more to say to you, Ondre"

When I arrive in the room, I pull my pillow over my face and really start to cry. "Nike, honey..." Piper is back with me in no time. "I can't do it, Piper, I can't see him every day." Piper sighs and strokes my back. "I know it's hard," "I can't go back there tomorrow. I don't want to see him" "Maybe you could just stay home tomorrow, Nike, you can take the class online" I pull the pillow away. "Maybe it would be best if I avoided him for now" "I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but he won't give up so easily I'll let them know downstairs not to let him in" I nod before another crying fit comes over me.

I don't go out of the dorm all week. I attend classes online and have completely withdrawn. Luc and Kyan come to visit me and try to cheer me up a bit, otherwise I just lie there, feeling sorry for myself and crying. Ondreaz has tried to call me several times and has written me thousands of messages, which I delete all immediately without reading them. I tore off his necklace in a fit of rage and threw it in my drawer.

On Saturday Kyan, Luc and Piper are sitting with me in my room. "And what are you doing tonight, Nike?" Kyan looks at me with a smile. "Nothing, I'm sitting here watching Netflix or something" "There's a big house party in the neighborhood tonight, wanna come?" Piper smiles at me. "No, thanks. Not in the mood for parties" "I've been working on a new song and Kyan already wrote the verses, should we keep writing it?" Luc is the next one to try. "You can forget it. I've had complete writer's block since Sunday." I shrug my shoulders. "Listen to the song first." Luc hands me the headphones.

"No, no idea." I pull the headphones out and give them back to Luc. I sigh and fall back into bed. Suddenly Piper gets up. "Nike, I've had it with you. Sure, your heart was broken and I know you're hurt badly and I'm really sorry about that, but I love you and I can't stand another day of you feeling sorry for yourself here. You've been lying here for days, and that's gotta stop, so you're coming to this party tonight. We'll all be there for support. Luc, Kyan, Sam, Alyssa, Alan and I have your back"  "Piper, I don't want to go" "I won't take no for an answer," her look intimidates me. "Piper, I don't know if this is such a good idea with the party, if I understand correctly, Ondreaz is at this party too" Luc says a little quieter. Suddenly I'm sitting in bed, straight as a die. "ondreaz is at this party? Is he grieving that much?! Well, he's in for a treat. Guys, we're going to this party today," I say firmly.

Thxx for 54k reads
Love youuu ❤️❤️