2. Evil Twin

(A/n: hiiii some of these characters are from another book of mine and my friend and one of these characters is trans and I'd like to represent her in this book! (Fuck jk she sucks) I will not tolerate ignorance and hate here, so please keep things positive!! Thanks so much for reading!!)

"You see, while Ravenclaw and Gryffindor get their oh so beautiful towers, and Hufflepuffs have their basement with all the grass and naturey stuff, the Slytherin common room is superior..." Skylar our prefect, and a peppy boy that sported a fluffy head of purple hair that reminded me of Jeremy, dramatically waved his hand around as he walked backwards.
"...and that is?" Donna crossed her arms.
"A dungeon!" He inappropriately gave jazz hands.
"They get sky scraping towers, and golden glow secret-kitchen-quarters, and we get a prison?" Antonio, one of the other muggleborns deadpanned. He had dark skin and was quite tall and thin, with jet black hair.
"Ah, not quite." Skylar said as he turned to the painting that moved, saying the password and then opening the room to us.
It was dim, but bright enough to see, and the stone bordered windows were directly shining into the lake, and the reflection casted a watery glow into the room.
The furniture looked old and expensive, but comfy.
I honestly liked it a lot.
"Okay, I take it back..." Antonio admitted. "But where are our rooms?"
Skylar pointed at the girls dormitories and then to the boys at the top of the stairs.
Donna stood still for a second and I motioned her to follow me.
"Pansy, hi!" Donna hugged the girl that greeted me kindly at dinner.
"Who are you two?" Another girl who was exiting the door we were about to open, asked. "Are you Donna Bay?" She asked, sitting up. "Is it true that you have boy parts?" She teased.
Donna looked pissed.
"Are you serious?! I will have your mother fired for speaking that way!" Pansy threatened.
I pieced together the rest by Donna's expression, and my blood began to boil at the insensitive girl's words.
"I don't know if this is the right room for you. Wouldn't want anything unfortunate happening to your poor excuse for a wardrobe." Donna spat.
"Damn her wardrobe, I'd be worried about how hard of a punch you can take."
"Did you just threaten me??"
"I'm known for my extreme approaches to things I don't like, what can I say?"
She was backed into a corner and had no other choice than to obey. "Right, mudblood..."
She pushed herself into my shoulder as she took her suitcase and left.
"Are you okay, Donna?" I asked, grabbing her shoulders.
"I'm... fine." She said in shock. "I think you made her cry, Elizabeth."
We all blinked between each other before laughing, and took the vacant beds.
The sheets were silk and green, everything else being silver.
Annoying, but fitting and oh so expensive and comfortable.
---
The next morning, I met up with Christina early, wanting to walk with her to breakfast.
"Jason Romel Ritumban Webber, I swear to all things good-" Jeremy yelled as he almost trampled Chris and I as we walked down the stairs.
"The traitors!" Jay gasped as he realized he passed us.
"Neither if you got Gryffindor?! Not even Hufflepuff!?" He began ranting as he turned around.
"Hey, we're not with each other either!"
"Shut up Chris, this isn't about you two, it's about how I feel." Jay corrected.
"We feel, Jay, it's how we feel..." Jeremy nodded, joining him.
"You've known me for like a day, guys." I pointed out.
"Yeah, yeah, shut it Slytherin." Jay dismissed and I blinked. "You got Jeremy to talk to you, you're one of us now." He explained.
Chris leaned over. "Run while you still can." She whispered.
Just then, Jeremy let go of Jay and looked down as a few older girls passed.
"He's shy." Jay finished.
"But go eat, kids. You'll love it here, Elizabeth!" He called out as he caught up to his Gryffindor friends who cheered when he came up to them, catching us in shock of his total switch.
"Your brother is... something."
"Sometimes I'm shocked that he's anything." She shook her head.
Christina and I exchanged schedules as we neared the dining hall and started screeching like bats when we saw that we had the same schedule.
"I'm gonna check on my sister, I'll see you in Professor McGonagall's class!" I waved as we entered, and I nervously approached the half full gryffindor table.
"Hermione, I-"
"Your sister's a slytherin?!" The Weasley boy exclaimed and we both eyed him with the same judgey look.
"Bloody hell, it's like there's two of her!" He exclaimed and Harry chuckled.
"That's Ronald Weasley, and Harry Potter." She introduced.
"Elizabeth." I waved to Harry, not quite sure why he's all popular.
"She wants to ask something." My sister guessed by my expression.
I side eyed her. "Sorry, yes. Harry? Why is it that you're so famous?" I asked and Hermione groaned.
"I told you this last summer! He's the boy who lived? The one that defeated you-know-who???"
"Who do I know..?" I asked, confused.
She groaned again.
"The really evil wizard..." she dragged out.
I made a sound of realization and clicked it together.
"Oh, right! Uh, good job Harry..." I gave a thumbs up awkwardly and he smiled with the same painfully uncomfortable energy before I left.
Bonding.