38. No Mimes?

I miss the letters from more than Chris, Theodora, Jeremy, and Jay, especially when they're sharing their super fun activities, while I'm banned from seeing Charlie. Life has genuinely sucked almost everywhere, but it's bearable when I'm in my room and I have myself and Avocado.
Outside of the dark oak door, it's a war zone.
Draco and his father keep challenging me with looks and gestures, but being me, I don't back down until I'm emotionally exhausted.
Poor Narcissa, having to deal with this in her own home. I try to be happy around her, or even pretend, but I couldn't fake it after a while.
But, when I was called to the parlor, I put on a neutral expression.
It turned sour when the blond boy that I loathed was sitting there already.
"You two have been insufferable."
Getting yelled at by that woman made me feel like I was dancing on knives. She had to be the only adult that I felt purely good feelings for.
"Your father has duties in the states, so it'll be just us three for the next three weeks. In these three weeks, we'll be taking a vacation to Paris, and I expect you to start acting like a gentleman." She scolded her son.
"As for you," I gulped. "If he doesn't win you over by the time we're back in this room, I'm locking the two of you in here and making you two make up."
I nodded aggressively, even if she barely targeted me and ripped on her son the entire time.
"Good, now pack your things!" She gave a huge smile and clasped her hands, switching her attitude instantly like someone named Jason Webber.
---
"Tea?" Draco asked at the door to my hotel room.
"Why are you talking to me?" I spat as I wrote at the desk.
"Because mother said I had to, and I have no urge to be locked in a room with you." He said, slamming the tea set on the coffee table, irking my hand and making me scribble an unnecessary line.
"You talked, now leave." I replied.
No noise.
"Why are you still mad!?" He yelled out of nowhere, making me swipe a line of ink across the page. I groaned and turned, standing up and knocking the ink all over the paper.
"Because I am! B-Because you're heartless!" I yelled back, my energy already being worn away like a rock against the tide. I felt myself slipping.
"If you told me that you even interacted with the creature I wouldn't have done it!" He said.
"That's not it! You just played with a living, breathing creature's life! Because of you and your stupid pride!" I panicked as tears formed in my eyes.
"I'm sorry, okay?! I didn't think that way because I was embarrassed for being so weak! I realized what I did was wrong when you told me so, but you called me a coward and pushed me away!"
I turned my head, not letting him see me cry.
"You can poke at my arrogance, my pride, whatever you want, but I won't be called a coward...
Not by you too."
His harsh footsteps out of the room, he was gone.
---
"It'll be fun! And you'll thank me later (Y/n)." Narcissa promised, and I followed nervously, getting a nice look at the beauty of Paris, even if it wasn't the Eiffel Tower or like, mimes or whatever, and instead the magic side.
The three of us made it to a pretty fountain in the middle of the shopping area, and stood waiting.
I wanted to jump in and drown when I saw the small crowd of women waving towards us.
It was all of them.
Practically every woman that had offered their son around my age to me as a suitor.
"Some boy attention will sure get your mood up." She teased.
A boy winked at me, and I speed ran through all the 5 stages of grief at once.
"Why hello, Darling!" Blaise's mother ran up, pulling me into her chest as an example for the other moms. "My boy's been jumping off the walls about seeing you!" I peered at said boy, who crossed his arms and looked away.
"Right." I replied, and Draco silently counted the sheer number of mothers, his eyes wide.
"Why don't we leave the kids to shop?" Narcissa offered.
They all agreed, and I felt my heart sink as I looked at the mix of boys.
Too many of them were sending red flags for me to handle, and I looked to Blaise for comfort.
There was none, and I froze up, the 10 or so boys waiting for me awkwardly.
Draco was the only one to move, making his way towards Blaise, whispering something in his ear.
Blaise's face lit up, and he moved from the back.
"Now, where does the lovely young flower want to shop?" He held out his arm, barely containing a laugh at his own words.
I looked at him confused.
"We'll look around then!" He declared, interlocking arms with me as he led me down the sidewalk with my train of dudes.
"The only reason we hadn't talked to you is because we thought you chose the golden trio over us. I didn't want to believe it, but when you didn't sit with us, I believed them." He explained.
"I thought you guys were mad!" I said.
"Draco and Donna were, but we kept dogging them until they shut their big mouths."
I frowned. "You guys... I don't deserve you.." I teared up.
"Oh, quiet! At least you realized that you deserved better than those three." He nudged me, and I smiled.
"Can you keep them away? I can't deal with the looks." I motioned to the group of boys.
"You sure you need me?" He looked back.
I furrowed my eyebrows and looked, smiling slightly as Draco towered over more than half the boys, sending judgmental looks left and right.