80. jeristina :)

"Jeremy!!" Chris tackled him in a hug.
He smiled, but he wasn't there. "This really is in the middle of nowhere, huh?"
"Mhm. But it's more fun than you think."
She lead him in, and he stopped when he saw baby Gabe in his high chair.
"Oh. My god."
"I know." She smiled.
His eyes were practically glowing as he played with the baby.
"Hey Chris, you'll be back before 4, right?" Theo called from the fridge, grabbing his food.
"Yeah, we'll watch him."
"What?" Jeremy asked.
"It's date night every Tuesday for the old couple, so we get to babysit Gabe tonight."
He gasped.

"You really won't tell me where we're going?"
"Nope."
He sighed and laid his head on hers, the cars whizzing past their bus a little calming.

"And... surprise!!"
He let his eyes open, and they went wide.
"Chris..."
They stood in front of a small roller skating rink. It was nothing extravagant, but the meaning was still there.
"I figured since we missed it this year and it's the middle of summer, we could do something a little similar.." She turned towards the building, but he could still catch her nervousness.
He pulled her in for a hug from behind, sneaking a kiss onto her cheek. "I love you."
She chuckled, relaxing. "You're welcome."
As she ran over excitedly to the front desk, he couldn't help but feel lucky.

"Ok this time for real, if you chea-"
"That was one time!"
They skated around the mostly empty rink, Chris giggling as Jeremy struggled to chase after her.
"I've got yO- AHH"
They landed on the ground with a thud.
Chris looked up as Jeremy hovered right over her, their legs tangled, muttering curses and apologies.
She kissed him quickly, making his eyes shoot open.
She chuckled. "Hurry up clumsy, people are staring."
He quickly stood and helped her up. "You're ok?"
"Oh stop worrying, a tiny scratch is nothing. Come on!" She held her hand out to him, grinning.
He smiled and took it.

"We're HOOOME!" Chris shoved the door open, a huge sherbet cone in her hand.
"It's 4:09 Chris, you're late." Jay grumbled.
"Come onnn, your date doesn't even start soon anyway."
"Whatever." Jay shuffled over and hugged Jeremy. "Missed you, man."
"You too." He hugged him back.
"Who's a good boy? You're a good boy!!" Chris held Gabe, twirling him around.
"Jesus, Chris, he's not a dog."
"Similar enough." The baby giggled.

"Kill him! Rip his head off and stick that spear so far up his ass tha-"
"Calm down, you're gonna wake him up."
"She's literally slashing through men left and right! What am I supposed to do, ignore it??"
Jeremy chuckled at the fuming girl cuddled up in his arms.
Gabe was finally, finally asleep in his room, the baby monitor propped up on the table.
"One day I'm gonna mrdkaljaoflflfksk." She huffed, the blanket muffling her words as he pulled it up higher.
"I know baby, I know."

"Chris... hey Chris. Wake up.."
She was out cold.
"Chris.."
He thought.
"Chris, Cornelius Fudge just-"
"The fuck did that bloody idiot do this time?!?!" She bolted up.
He grinned. "You're awake."
"No shit, now what di-" She stopped. "I'm not feeling any dumb-ass-minister-made-another-dumb-ass-decision energy."
He shrugged. "You weren't waking up."
"My God Jeremy, don't scare me like
that!" She smacked his arm.
He giggled.
"They're coming home soon." He looked at the clock.
"Hm." There was a pause.
"Were you happy today?"
"Of course, why wouldn't I be?"
"You haven't been lately, I wanted to cheer you up a bit." She looked down.
"Is that what this was all for?"
She nodded.
"Sorry it wasn't perfect. There was no pond and your ice cream fell and our movie turned into me yelling at the tv about feminism and-"
"I loved it."
"You did?"
He nodded.
"Come here, baby."
"Would you stop with that name?" She grudgingly plopped into his lap.
"You know you like it."
"YoU kNow yOu liKe It." She mocked.
"Sometimes you should do this thing called closing your mouth." He smiled.
"Make me."
"My pleasure."
He kissed her. Her eyes widened, but he put his arms around her, and she melted into him. They kissed sweetl-
"PUT YOUR CLOTHES ON, KIDS, WE'RE HOME!"
They pulled away fast, scrambling to opposite ends of the couch. A loud crying was heard from the other room.
"Oops... shit." Theo mumbled.
"I'll get it..."
"Thanks my lovely sweet acorn pie!" She called after him.
"You clothed?" She asked from around the corner.
They groaned in unison. "Yes.."
She peeked her head into the living room, seeing the movie playing.
"That's right! Stick that spear so far up his ass that it comes out of his head like a gigantic fucking human kebab!!"
"EXACTLY!!"