29. Going on a Trip

"Hogsmeade! Can you believe we finally get to go?" Chloe bounced around like crazy as we neared.
"Now, stay in groups." Christina and I looked at each other with stars in our eyes.
"Groups within your houses." McGonagall finished and we pouted.
"Does (Y/n) not get to do charity with the poor?" A slytherin boy who I never talked to, said.
He was a half blood, and had a few close friends.
"Sorry, are you someone important that I should be listening to?" I asked. "I don't recall allowing you to call me anything other than my surname, either..." I scratched my head.
"The name's Scott Nichole Ganckvroot! My mum is up on the council with your uncle, so yes, I am important."
There were shadows behind me forming. "And your father?" Donna asked as she stepped closer.
"Oh, is he not a successful business man?" Chloe asked, faking innocence.
"In the muggle world, maybe." Blaise chimed in.
"Might as well be the president of white crayons." Draco finished the train of assholes being mean, including me.
The boy scoffed and returned to his friends, and I looked to send Christina a wink, but she was horrified by what she saw, and quietly walked off with her group.
"See? Can't stand up for herself and gets all sad when others do for her." Donna scoffed, and I frowned towards her.
"Actually, it's because unlike any of us, she has morals." I crossed my arms. "Now, can we go somewhere where I can actually feel my nose?" I pouted as I put my mittens to my face.
"Well, you're the one who isn't wearing a high coat or a scarf, so that's on you." Theodore teased and I stuck my tongue out at him.
"Here, you baby." Chloe started to unwrap her scarf.
She was literally half a foot shorter than me, and was calling me a baby.
As she got to the end of her scarf, the wind blew harder and she instantly wrapped it back tighter.
"Gee, thanks." I rolled my eyes, amused as we started walking to wherever they were taking me.
"Trade jackets?" Donna offered from under her tall collared jacket.
"I'm okay, none of you should suffer in the cold for me."
I did a twirl. "Plus, my jacket makes me look sophisticated!"
The twirl ended with me on the snowy ground.
All of my friends were laughing too hard to help me up.
I shivered as we continued.
"Here." Draco said and we all turned suspiciously as he undid his scarf.
He stopped when he saw how scared and surprised we were.
"What?" He asked as he finished, revealing that he was wearing two more scarves under and a tall collar. "I'm a generous person." He claimed.
"Right, you've sacrificed sooo much for this." Theodore joked as I was passed the green and silver striped scarf.
I pretended to be disgusted as I put it on, but I was too cold to deny the warmth it gave me.
I pulled it higher to cover my face and sighed.
Weird. It smelled like my room back home.
Oh right, same home.
Still, it was comforting.
Was it him or was it home?
I caught myself mid thought and blushed rapidly.
"Wow... what's that?" I pointed towards a golden hued candy store, contrasting so much with the cold colors outside.
"That's Honeyduke's sweet shop. I never liked it in there, too small." Donna dismissed.
"Can we please go??" I begged.
"Count me out.." Theodore announced.
"I think we should!" Chloe smiled, and Blaise nodded with her.
"Three to two, cmon!" I cheered.
Vincent cleared his throat.
"Where did Crabbe and Goyle come from?!" Blaise jumped, the boys appearing next to him out of nowhere.
"Got lost." Gregory replied simply, and we all blinked.
...
"We're not going to a sweet shop, we're older than 10." Vincent stated simply.
"Draco?" Chloe asked.
"I want some chocolate." He shrugged.
"Yes!" I jumped, pumping my fist.
"No, that's just a tie..." Donna argued.
"Four to four? Just split in half. We'll go to Zonko's Joke shop, you have your candy and we'll get some butter beer together in 30 minutes?" Theodore planned, and we all agreed.
---
"Chloe, you have a little cake on..." Blaise pointed to Chloe's cheek from across the table.
She reached for the opposite cheek, so he leaned over.
I sighed at Chloe next to me and looked forward, making eye contact with Draco.
He looked just as done with those two flirting as me.
"I can hear the wedding bells..." he sassily remarked and I laughed into my bite of cake, making myself cough, which made him laugh even harder as I began to die.
I flicked a chocolate chip at him and he glared at me with pure rage as he grabbed his fork and sent a bite worth of his vanilla cake at my jacket.
I stared down at the black coat that was now ruined.
I took an entire corner from my slice and I sent it at his face.
I let out an obnoxious chuckle, getting people's attention around us.
Chloe and Blaise watched us judgtngly as we dodged hits under the table and got cake everywhere.
An older man that worked there walked up to our table and cleared his throat.
We stopped and looked up with guilty smiles.
"Out." He ordered, leaving Chloe and Blaise to their date as we walked outside.
"Let's just go wait for everyone." I said sadly.
"Are you stupid?" He asked and I spun with furrowed brows.
"McGonagall's in there, and we're not in a group." He pointed out.
"And? She's my aunt! Plus Hermionie and Ron went off together."
"Not only are we Slytherins, but she believes that your mother is evil, and thinks that you're following in her footsteps."
"Good point.." I agreed, embarrassed.
"We can wait outside.." he sighed, walking over to a bench.
I sat next to him, and the air became thick.
"You good?" He asked.
I looked at him with wide eyes. "I'm good."
"You've been breathing funny.. are you cold?"
He was..
Being really kind.
My breath got even funnier.
"I'm not giving you another scarf." He joked, and my hands began shaking.
"You didn't bring mittens?"
The scarf is drugged.
That's the only reason I'd act like this.
"N-no."
"Are you that cold???" He asked, taking off his gloves.
"I'm! It's fine!" I called out and he dismissed me, handing me the gloves.
"Can you handle 20 more minutes of cold?" He teased.
I slid my hands into the gloves, and burying my face into the scarf did nothing but make me blush harder than what was already on my cheeks.
"Hm. They're too big for you."
I swear to the lord I blacked out after that.
"Let's get some drinks!" Theodore called out as he came from around the corner.