74. The Boys who have Everything

I took a breath as we rung the doorbell to the Gray manor, somewhere I haven't been since much simpler times.
"Ah, come in." Charlie stepped aside from the door to let us in.
His hair was longer, past his shoulders, gray hair along the sides more prevalent than before in contrast to his black hair, and of course his tired eyes and stubble.
He was stressed, and he lost too much weight, but his eyes held a kindness that hadn't faded.
"Uh, get some sleep and I'll stay up so you guys aren't found.." he told us awkwardly.
"Thank you, godfather."
Jeremy and I both did a 180.
"What? I have like six." He explained.
"My uncle is your godfather??" I questioned.
"My DAD is your godfather?!" Jeremy questioned louder.
"You guys need to get some sleep.." Charlie warned.
The boys began up the stairs, and I started to follow.
"Ah, (Y/n).." he stopped me. "It's good to have you back, and I'm sorry for keeping so many secrets."
I gave a smile, tears barely forming in my eyes. "It's good to be back, uncle Charlie."
---
I stood in the pink room, taking a breath.
It was dusty and freezing cold, but it was my old bedroom.
I immediately hung up my dress for tomorrow, and gasped, picking up the pink and blue dress from my first ball, and holding it in front of me in the mirror.
"So tiny!" I cheered to myself as I held it against me and chuckled.
"That was it."
I gasped before groaning. "Even when it's not at home you still will never respect the concept of closed doors!" I complained as Draco walked in and propped himself on the dresser.
"That was the first time."
"What?" I asked.
"When I saw you in that... questionable dress as you ran out of the kitchen, my tiny self knew even then that you'd be more than a crush."
"If you think that flattery is going to make me not mad-"
"I know. And I'm admitting that, even if I was right, I'd rather you be angry at the whole world except for me, than just angry at me."
"Great apology there." I teased as I put the dress away.
"I'm sorry and I love you." He said, getting to the point and I made my face fake angry to try and not smile.
He chuckled as I kept failing, walking over.
I rocked around my feet to distract myself as he grabbed my hands.
"Hmm." I replied with my mouth shut.
"Love you too." He said through a laugh as he pulled me closer for a hug, and I instantly melted.
"Sorry.." I mumbled into his shoulder.
"It's fine, you were still wearing your necklaces."
I smiled and played with the flower pendant as he held me.
"But I'll never forgive you for conspiring with Potter."
"You petty baby.." I rolled my eyes and held him closer.
---
"I can help you-" Christina began to offer Theodora.
"You girls have amazing intentions, but nobody can do eyeliner like I can." She replied as she did her own makeup on her wedding day.
"So, how's... everything?" I asked Chris as we sat down.
"I'm a bit hungry, but otherwise I'm fine." She replied with a hazy smile.
I furrowed my eyebrows. "I was just worried, because of the letters.." I said with concern.
"Oh, I'm okay now! I've gotten visits from the rain."
I blinked. "W-what do you-?"
"Actually, I meant to ask how Jeremy was?" She interrupted.
"He's struggling without you, but he's doing okay. What did you mean about the rain?"
"Oh, really? I thought he'd be busy with his powerful life."
"What..?" I squinted, confused.
"You know, his father and him are in charge of a lot right now. He's living on top of the world without me." She stayed smiling eerily, like when she first got back when she was freed. "But that's okay!"
I backed up as she cupped her own cheek dreamily, aggressively. "The rain made it okay."
"Chris, what do you mean by the rain..?" I began to breathe heavier as she started pulling down her cheek, exposing the fleshy part under her eye as she smiled.
She gasped and clenched down on my hands in a fraction of a second.
"You understand, don't you???" Her grasp was firm and sent helpless chills down my whole body.
"I-" I tried to speak but barely got a breath out.
"What do you give to a boy who has everything, you know?" Her grip softened and she seemed to melt into her previous position. "The money, friends, happiness, and you're an inconvenience, causing grief and stress. To everyone. People have to waste their time yelling at you. Hurting you. Because all you've ever done is ruin their lives."
I gulped, not even taking in what she said at first.
"And what if he's better off without you, and you know it?" She was talking hypothetically, to herself, but I felt her words ring in my head. Her face changed, more sad, more real.
This was bringing her back down.
"... sometimes you think... he'd be better off without having to deal with you." I added after a second.
Theo's other bridesmaids from school came giggling in and praising, leaving Chris and I in the back.
"And now that you need him more than you thought you ever would.." Christina said as she stared at the ground. "You know it's best to let him go." She ended in barely a whisper, her eyes watering.
I grabbed her hand, and almost what looked like a volt of electricity flowed through her.
"Oh my god.." she clenched her mouth.
"I'm taking Chris to the bathroom." I told one of the girls, and she nodded, concerned.
Once we were there, I sat her against the sink and kept asking what's wrong as she hyperventilated.
"They... they took my memories! They took the ones that hurt and said it would help me!"
I instantly understood and hugged her.
"Your touch brought it... brought it back." She breathed.
"Im so sorry, Chris-"
"No! The Stone guard took the only defense I had and threw it away."
"What do you mean?"
"Your memories are precious! The good ones to cherish and the bad ones to learn from!" She paused. "I put up a wall. I always did. That's what works. And they made me think it was ok to be myself..." she kept panicking tears quickly coming to her eyes.
"Look, we can get you away from your mom. Do you need to go now or can you wait until the wedding is over?"
"I think I can-"
"She's gone into labor! Theodora's baby is coming!" The girl from before slammed the door open, beckoning is to follow her.
"Well isn't this hysterical!" I shrieked.