94. Search Party

"How did you..?" I questioned as I hobbled into the livingroom, seeing it spotless, and turning into the dining room, the smell of all different breakfast foods.
I heard a voice humming down the hall.
"There's no way that you're cooking a-" I spun happily, and was met with another sight. "Uncle Charlie?" I questioned as he set the food down on the counter.
"Hey, kid." He replied, handing me a plate. "I'm sorry."
I knew.
"Of course today they need him.." I nodded as I sat at the kitchen island.
"It's just for two days, (Y/n).."
"I want to go back to school for new years." I said. "Actually, I want to be there by noon."
---
Back at school, I stood in the room. The room where the wardrobe was.
It was what was stealing him from me. Fixing this stupid piece of wood.
I stood in front of it with a lighter.
Every part of my body wanted to burn this cruel box to the ground, to get him back.
But I knew that I couldn't.
I knew that this would get them to hurt him, or me. I couldn't betray him like that.
But I was screaming for myself to do something.
I wish I could do something to help.. to numb his pain.
But I instead walked calmly out into the cold forest, fingers numb.
I trenched through the snow, the ice crunching beneath my feet as I had no destination.
I stomped harder, as if the force of my feet would help me in some way.
And I got faster, my goal being to go as far, and as fast as I could.
I recognized this part of the woods, where Christina saw the wolf, and when I was yelling at Draco, and then I ended up falling down a-
I tumbled down the harsh hill, trying to grab anything.
I stopped moving when on my final tumble, I slammed my head against a tree.
---
Christina's eyes shot open.
"Jay!" She cried out as she awoke from her nap with a literal jump, shooting down the stairs as fast as she could.
"Chris! You already opened your gifts, you just fell back asleep.." he dismissed.
"(Y/n)!" She was crying. "We need to go to the school! She-she.." she choked out. "She doesn't have long!"
---
A search party was being held.
Once the news reached Draco, all the way in knockturn alley, he was there.
"(Y/n)!" Jeremy called harshly.
"Chris, you're sure that she's out here??" Donna asked for the fifth time.
"Yes!" She snapped. "I've always had this intuition, and after she got my memories back.. it's like we're connected."
Donna blinked. "Right." She said harshly and walked faster.
"(Y/n)!" Theodora called out, holding Gabe close. "It's freezing, Jay.. if she's out here-"
He looked around with precision, blocking out Theo's pessimistic words.
---
"No! She's out here! Charles, you checked with the school and she got here at noon!" Draco argued.
"He's right! We can't stop now!" Chris yelled.
Donna, Theodora, Charlie, and Theodore all stood on one side.
"The sun is going down." Charlie said solemnly.
"And that matters?! You've all taken breaks! The last one was not even an hour ago!" Draco continued to argue hoarsely. His voice was almost gone from yelling so much.
"She's still out there!" Jeremy called.
"I know! But look at yoursleves!" Theodora called. "You're barely standing, and you've eaten, you're dressed for the weather.. (Y/n).. well.."
"No! You're all just goddamn weak!" He cried.
"ITS BEEN TWO DAYS!" Charlie yelled, and the entire forest seemed to silence. "THE SEARCH PARTY WAS CALLED OFF HOURS AGO!"
"She's out there!" He cried.
"She's dead." Charlie said solemnly.
"Not until she says so." Christina replied. "Go ahead and leave. We'll find her."
Jeremy, Jay, Chloe, Blaise, Draco, and Christina all stood opposed for the others.
Theodore came to their side. "Donna." He encouraged.
She stood her ground, glaring.
"Gabe needs to rest." Theodora said, almost beggingly. "Stay safe.."
Charlie stared forward.
"Go."