40. Okay

"Well, where are you two off to?" The bell clerk asked as we exited the elevator.
"Um.." I looked down nervously.
"And who are you to be asking?" Draco turned up his nose, and the man shook his head as we exited the hotel.
I pulled the piece of paper from my bag and read over it again.
"That's some garbage handwriting..." he whispered over my shoulder as he read it.
"Are you kidding me! I got a note addressed to someone else that says that they kidnapped Theodora!" I hissed out.
"Still think it's a hoax.." he put his hands behind his head as we walked down the streets filled with stores.
"Shut it and looks for a 'BB's Piercing and Tattoo Parlor?" I read again. "It's probably some mafia gang!"
"Theodora Agirre has no family money. Poor bastards had their vault locked up until she came of age, and they have nothing in the meantime."
"That's still family money! She could be killed or-" I ranted.
"They can't kill her or the money is lost forever, even if this isn't your Gryffindor boyfriend's attempt at a dumb prank."
I furrowed my eyebrows. "Draco... do you mean Jay?"
He nodded, looking at stores.
"We're on our way to save the girl that he has an understanding with, you moron!" I laughed and he stopped walking, eyes going wide.
"Oh.."
I laughed as he began to walk faster, and I kept pace.
"Really? You thought that Jay and I- are you blushing?!" I pointed out to tease him.
"Found it!" He called, pointing at an unwelcoming, long closed store.
"Oh... have your wand?" I asked.
"If I hex your friends then I will not apologize."
"It's not them... this doesn't seem right."
He looked at me.
"Hey," he got me to look at him. "We'll be fine." He reassured.
I knew that if he was okay with this, then I should be too.
Even if, he was secretly screaming internally.
---
"Where is she?!" I yelled as I drew my wand on a cloaked figure in a back room.
"Fool..." they stood unimaginably tall, at least 10 feet high.
From the door, a pair of hands grabbed me by my waist and I was lifted.
Another figure put a black bag over Draco.
The figure had bright, curly auburn hair-
"Theo?!" I yelled as I squirmed.
"Mission success!" Christina cheered, and the cloaked figure revealed itself to be Christina balancing on Jeremy's shoulders.
"What?! You just bagged him!" I yelled as he cursed, unmoved by the short chubby scot who was barely putting effort into holding him.
"We're saving you from the one who tried to kill your animal!" Theodora yelled. "That better be the fuckin' case! This little shit's squirmy!"
"No! Ah, jeez- I forgave him!" I yelled.
The room was silent, save the boy in the sack.
"Please let him out." I whispered to her, and she complied.
He stumbled out, wand drawn and his turtle frown on his face.
"You forgave him?! You forgave someone?!" Jay exclaimed.
"You're still mad at me for that time I knocked your ice cream over first year!" Jeremy said with a pout.
"Even I didn't see that coming..." Christina shrugged.
"My father will have all of you expelled!" Draco fumed, and I sighed.
"Jay, put me down.." I said, and he remembered that he was holding me.
"Draco.."
"Unbelievable!"
"Friend?"
"This is ridiculous!"
"Knock off the turtle face, they didn't know you don't suck that bad!" I yelled, and he changed the turtle face towards me. "Pretty pleaseeee?"
He sulked, putting his wand down. "How'd you even get here?"
"Stole an old confiscated car from the ministry when Charlie brought us to work." Jay revealed, getting elbowed by Theo.
"Does he know you're here??" I asked.
"He's heading out for a business trip anyways, so we came to rescue you." Christina tried to reason.
"You are all insane..." I shook my head, wrapping my arms around Christina, followed by the rest.
"Are you staying at the hotel?" I asked.
"We were gonna." Theodora answered.
"Did you grab some money, Jay?" Jeremy asked.
He blinked.
"Oh my god-" Christina put her head against a wall.
"You're the fuckin' richest heir in half the world and you didn't bring a cent?!" Theodora yelled.
I felt a hand pinch the back of my shirt, and I was slowly tugged back as the four yelled.
"Yes??" I whispered to the boy pulling me back.
"If we just go, we'll be fine..." he whispered back, and I rolled my eyes.
"Why don't you stay with us?" I asked, and Draco groaned.
---
"You can have the bed, I'm fine with the floor!" Theodora insisted.
"You're my guest! At least take the couch." I said.
"Guys, what if..." Christina paused for dramatic affect.
Theodora, Christina and I were all packed together on the bed. Theo and I were fine, but not only did Christina sound like a fire truck as she snored, but she took turns cuddling into each of our backs and pushing us further to the edge.
I flopped on the floor in the middle of the night, but Theo could sleep through the snoring, so there's no way she'd wake up for me.
I decided to take the couch, the snores somehow louder there.
I got bored, and checked on the boys.
I peeked open their door, and the reading lamp was still on.
I had the perfect view of Jeremy spooning Jay, and was in physical pain as I tried not to burst out laughing.
"Creep." I heard from behind the door, and I opened it further to Draco on the couch, a book open.
"I'm not-" I pouted.
He chuckled and put his book down.
I closed the door behind me and sat next to him, yawning.
"That Christina sounds like a siren." He commented.
"I'd say I'm surprised you heard it, but I'm not." I rubbed my eyes. "Why are you up?" I asked.
"Pink and I had a talk about our fathers, not anything specific but it had me thinking."
I rested my head against the backboard of the fancy couch, looking at him sideways.
"Wanna talk about it..?" I asked, blinking slowly.
He sighed, mirroring my pose. "Not really."
I waited a second.
"Okay.." I let my eyes rest for a moment, a line smile on my face.