17. Guardian "Angel"

It was the Gryffindor vs. Slytherin game, and the new Chaser was giving it her all.
It was me.
Fuck Gryffindors.
I made sure to sneak a few elbows in, which Marcus calls my specialty.
He says that it's impossible to catch me in the act, but it'll hurt after.
Actually, Marcus was another person who treated me the same as before.
Same mean, loud, scary boy.
"Pass to her, you incapable twit!" Marcus scolded as he received the third quaffel from the older chaser, and it went flying into my arms.
I grabbed it, dodging a nervous looking Gryffindor and spinning into a trick shot, scoring another 10 for my house. A chorus of boos came from the stand decorated on red and gold, so Marcus did a lap around and came almost too close to the front rows.
Serves them right. Left and right, they were tormenting my house and I. I had to start walking with Blaise and Theodore, since I'd get harassed otherwise.
There wasn't one good Gryffindor in the world, I'm sure of it.
"I'm gonna so beat your ass, Liz!" Jay called. He was the only person that hasn't adjusted to my new name.
I smiled as I stole the quaffel from him, sending him almost off his broom with an elbow to the side.
Maybe there was one good Gryffindor.
I worked all of the blood, sweat and tears out of me by the time the snitch was seen.
"Cmon, Malfoy!" I screamed with my house as the chase began.
I cried out a few inappropriate words when Harry won, but he broke his arm so I almost took it back.
I did laugh, however, when Lockhart came close to the boy.
Oh, he's screwed...
---
This was bad.
The whole conversation about the 'heir of Slytherin' was off of me, but a first year had come up petrified.
I was saddened by this, and I felt bad for him, mostly because a month ago he was snapping my picture like he always did with Potter... that nosy kid.
But also, especially after last game, where Harry was sabotaged, everyone had one person in mind for the heir.
Hairgel himself...
It was actually upsetting, seeing him get hurt.
He had Crabbe and Goyle, but sometimes those meatheads weren't enough.
So, when two older boys singled him out, I made sure they were puking slugs like Weasley.
---
After dueling class, I let a weight from my shoulders. I no longer had to defend myself or my house, even if it was at the expense of Harry Potter, who could apparently talk to snakes.
I felt a bit bad, knowing how it felt, especially because he was the only one out of the little golden trio that hadn't treated me like garbage at any point.
He was a decent guy, but I turned when I overheard some nasty words about him, and carried on with my day.
---
"Do you need anything? Do you want some candy from the trolly?" Jeremy babied, like he always was now.
Jay groaned and Christina giggled as he stood and rushed to the cart.
I just rolled my eyes.
He grew up with the love of Charlie, and he thinks that I haven't gotten over my parents.
I barely cried, and I have no reason to. I've always felt the most here.
Not the best, but the most.
My highest ups and lowest lows were away from the world in which everything was... boring.
I was on the train to my new home for the holidays, and I couldn't feel happier.
"Now, if you cause a scene this year, I'll have nowhere to run off to." I teased, getting shoved by a chocolate-fingered Christina.
Jay and Jeremy got yelled at by the Trolly lady because she saw them wrestling on the floor, and Chris and I about died laughing.
Train car squad was the best squad.
And train car squad now had the entire winter to themselves.