97. Until I Can't

"You're..." I could barely form a sentence.
"Amazing? The best?" He asked.
"I was going to say a complete hopeless romantic but I guess you're those other things too." I rolled my eyes as he sat down on the blanket.
"When did you have the time..?" I blinked as I sat across from him.
"Actually, Beth and Christina's younger friend Tayte helped."
"You invited two muggleborn lower classmen to help you set up a romantic picnic..?"
He nodded proudly. "I can tell they look up to me."
"Is that it?" I asked as I made myself comfortable on the white silk blanket, admiring what seemed to be a wall of springtime, hiding us from what was now second nature.
Having to be apart before we were ready.
"Mhm, Tayte's dyeing his hair even more blond because he wants to look like me.." Draco boasted.
"He said that?" I asked as I grabbed a cute little cookie from the silver tray.
"Not explicitly, but it was implied.." he looked away with a childlike mischief.
I smiled as wide as I could and laid down so my head was next to his legs, and I closed my eyes as I looked up.
The sun traced my skin in small beams through the forest canopy, and the air in my lungs tasted sweet.
"Are you going to eat?" He asked.
"I had a cookie." I answered, feeling like I was half dreaming.
"There's a big meal in here, moron." He informed as he opened the basket.
He chuckled softly and shifted to grab food.
His cologne mixed with the sweet air, making my heart do somersaults. My eyes stayed closed, but I imagined his passing smile as he reached for some fancy, tiny meal.
Only, the smell hit my nose and I did a double take, finally opening my eyes.
"No way.." I stared up in shock before even looking, already smiling widely.
"I'm guessing Beth's suggestion was correct?" He leaned over my head, blocking my view as he perched himself on his elbow.
"If I'm smelling what I think I'm smelling.." I began to get emotional.
"Are you crying??" He laughed in disbelief, and I grunted in response.
"Move your big head!" I begged as he leaned over me, hauling me from getting up.
"Password?" He asked with a grin.
"It's gonna get coldddd!" I whined.
"Well hurry then."
"A password?"
"Mhm."
"Ferret." I said without missing a beat.
"No!" He scoffed.
"That was all I had."
He shook his head and sat up, helping me to a sitting position as he pulled out the (your favorite fast food) bag and handed it to me.
"I haven't had this since I was twelve!" I cried as I opened it, peering inside like it was a gift.
I giggled with glee and launched myself at him with a big hug, wrapping my arms and legs around his torso, and giving infinite little pecks to the face.
"If I knew this'd be your reaction than I would've done this sooner.." he joked as he wrapped his arms around me.
I pulled him closer and put my head over his shoulder.
"(Y/n)~ your fooddddd!" He encouraged after a minute.
I whined and held tighter, so he let me stay for a bit.
Until I felt him slowly lean forward, the crinkling of a bag, and then him returning back to his position.
This happened three times.
"What are you-" I moved to look him in the eye, and he had half a fry in his mouth and was reaching for another.
I gawked in horror and snatched the bag from his hands.
"You do not steal a girl's fries!" I warned.
"I just did."
"I'll beat you up!" I promised.
He gave a surprised chuckle. "You're serious?"
I blushed instantly and smiled, "deadly."
---
"No! No! Put a finger down if you have daddy issues!" We returned later than expected, finding our friends with lamps in the court yard.
We watched as everyone in the group put a finger down.
"So, what are we doing?" I asked as we sat.
"Put a finger down. Wanna play?" Donna asked.
"Just put one down for the last question." Christina instructed.
She then looked to Draco with an expression that read 'you too'
His expression read 'what?! No!'
She held the same look.
He slowly put a finger down.
---
"(Y/n)?" Draco asked as everyone else had retired to sleep, and we stayed in front of the fire.
"Mhm?" I replied thoughtlessly.
"I know you went out into the woods because of me."
I turned to him. "It's not-"
"Well, not me, me but because of what I do and what I've been having to do."
"Yeah, and you can't control it so it's not your fault." I reassured with a strong tone.
He was quiet. "I guess.." he huffed.
I pulled his chin up and kissed him.
"I'm sorry I was in that situation, but the weekend ends tomorrow, and I'd rather just hold you here until I can't anymore." I said softly.
He leaned in and kissed me passionately.