56. Mama Bear

"If you think I'm apologizing to that biased little-"
"Okay, I get it!" Theodora quieted me. "At least act nice for the trial, okay? He's defending you, ya know.."
I put my head down. "You know better than anyone, that him hurting Chris, is him declaring war on everyone he knows."
"He feels that too, (Y/n). He's been at war with himself for weeks." She reasoned.
"Then he should apologize, or stop complaining. you should go practice for the final challenge, alright?" I said with a strained smile as I walked off.
I missed Jay, and I missed the brightness he brought. Usually, I had Christina, Jeremy and him to give me the affection that I didn't get from my sassier, more sarcastic friends in my house.
But now, since Donna and Christina have been working on the case with their mothers, who had been working together as well, my two friend groups have merged quite a bit.
Actually, I didn't really like it. The only thing keeping us from being called house traitors from the upperclassmen was the high blood status of Jeremy, Draco and I.
Ironically, the three people that detested this merge the most.
Jeremy, because...
I walked into the small tree area of the courtyard where everyone was hanging out.
"Oh, Chris-"
"Wait! Nathaniel did what to her?!" Donna yelled, Pansy screeching too, and Jeremy sighed.
Jeremy didn't like it, because he wasn't used to sharing the attention from Christina with more than 2 people at a time.
Now, he had 7 to deal with.
Unlike Jeremy, Draco had more of a problem with the inconvenience of two more people, and how hard it was to get some time with me.
"Get down from that tree, Chris's telling me about what happened with that kid Nathaniel!" Donna encouraged, and I rolled my eyes, squeezing the hand of the boy in the tree with me, who was pouting.
"I know.." I gave a pout back before getting myself down.
The two girls were crying laughing, the boys on the ground too.
"What's so funny?" I asked.
"Oh, inside joke.." Pansy gave me a snarky look, one I had been seeing more over the past few weeks.
"Right.." I nodded slowly, leaning my back to the tree as Christina told the story of the Christmas ball to the others.
---
"Yeah, yeah, goodnight loser." I waved off to Christina, sleepily as our group passed the hallway she took to the Ravenclaw tower.
"Ah, Jesus, you're a spooky little bastard.." Christina said to Theodora, and she immediately burst into tears.
Christina's voice was welcoming, but sad.
It's the sad part that got her.
She wrapped her arms around the girl that she grew up beside. Like her baby sister, and she was now the mess in her arms.
She was the mess, until she felt Christina heave with cries, and she instantly scooped her closer, into her chest.
"I'm so sorry.." she kept whispering as she held her little sister.
Her baby sister.
She now knew that the reason Jay wasn't because she loved him any less, but because equally, she loved Christina, just in a different way.
Like how a girl loved her stuffed animal.
Or the way a mother would love her child.
"I'm here, alright? I ain't never letting you go, not for Jay's stupid prejudices, that's for damn sure." Her accent was thicker to Chris, laying against her chest.
It made her giggle.
"Hmm hm." Christina hummed into her older friend's bosoms.
"Yeah, love you too."
---
"Night, see you in class Chris!" Pansy called, waving aggressively.
I elbowed Draco softly and made sure he knew I was annoyed, and he chuckled softly.
"You're usually not the jealous type." He teased as we fell back in the group.
"I am with people that get on my nerves.." I grumbled lowly.
He waited a minute. "Actually, I think I need to tell you something about Pansy."
"Yes?"
"She told me a while before we were official that she still liked me, and that she was hiding it for your sake, but now I think she's done-"
"You know, I think my favorite thing about (Y/n) is how she just wears anything! So brave!" Pansy joked you front, only making the poor, oblivious Blaise laugh as he missed the undertones completely.
I laughed under my breath, shooting daggers into the back of her head.
"Well, I knew she liked you, I just didn't know if that's why she's being an insecure prick." I said a little too loud... "accidentally."
"What are you two talking about, hm?" She called from the front.
"Couple things, don't worry about it!" I dismissed, and Chloe exchanged a look with Donna, Theodore ready for the drama as Blaise was still, so oblivious to everything..
My boyfriend knew that this was my show, and kindly stepped aside for this one.
"Oh, is everything okay with you two then? Nobody's staying up late and sneaking out?" She turned to Draco.
I rolled my eyes. "Nice try, but even if he was, I know he's smart enough to avoid a... certain type." I looked her up and down.
"What's your problem, Dean-Gray??" She held her hands out.
"You being a petty bitch!"
"I'm sorry if I can't compress my feelings for 4 years, you disgusting little thief!" She spat back.
I was taken aback by her words, the guilt trickling into my core.
"Thief? You never had me to begin with." I finally added.
Donna calmly started speaking. "We've heard everything, you two.. it's been so painful to watch her go through these years of one sided love." Chloe nodded along.
"I'm sorry? What do you want me to say?" I asked, distraught by the unfairness.
"If you were my friend, you'd break up with him." She said in all seriousness.
"Really? Cause that's a real friendly offer.." I scoffed.
"You're assuming that I'd go to you if we broke up?" Draco said with a grin. "You know how I feel about you."
"No, I don't. You're so confusing! Every look you give, every smile... you love me!" She cried out.
"I don't. And I never will." He said shortly, making even me tense up as she sobbed, knees to the floor.
"Why her..." she barely mumbled out. "You say it's cause she sees you as a person, but I see you as you! You're perfect, please!" Her pleas made my mouth run dry as I stared with guilt.
"It's her because she knows I'm not perfect." He said.
"Oh, you're far from it, now shut your mouth." Chloe demanded as she held Pansy.
"But she see's what's not perfect and accepts it, right? That's something that I know you haven't done for him." Theodore added. "You just see what's good."
"Exactly, Pansy, I never meant to hurt you-"
"While you did! Now-" Donna took a breath. "Why don't you stay somewhere else tonight? I think she needs some space for the next few days.." Donna told me harshly.
"Just go." Draco ordered as I opened my mouth to apologize. "You three have done enough."