46. Meathead+Meatball

"I'm going to stab her eyes out with that stupid quill!" Theodora stormed away from a frantic Jay, who was trying to catch up with her.
I instantly trailed him, Christina by my side.
"What's going on?!" I asked as she caught up with my pace.
"That woman with the daily prophet is a scumbag!" Christina spat. "The champions were getting interviewed, and-"
"Jay, it is a big deal! She's publishing a paper where I'm "the fat little Scottish girl" and I can't reason with her!" Theodora blinked back tears, and my mouth gaped open.
"Don't let her words get to you, Theo.." Jay held his hand out to her, and people began forming a crowd to view them.
She looked around, feeling embarrassed. "You don't understand, Jay..." her voice was weak, something I never thought I'd hear, and walls she'd formed crashed down as she hit the floor crying.
"I understand that you're a beautiful, powerful, badass little meatball." He gave her an endearing smile as he crouched down to her level.
She scoffed, pushing at his chest.
"You're my radiant, confident, cute little meatball, too."
"Am I that round?" She asked.
"Your ass, definitely but-"
"Jason!" She yelled, pushing him harder and he landed on his behind.
She sniffled.
"I love you, you stupid, cheesy romantic." She said, pulling him in for a hug.
The group around selectively cheered and awed, a few people gagging.
"Yeah, wonder if that Cheesy romantic gene runs in the family." I said, looking to Christina.
She was crying, snot running from her nose as she made siren noises. "They so.. sweet!" She hiccuped. "That's my sister in lawwww!" She cried, throwing her head back.
"It does." Theodore piped in out of nowhere, and Christina closed her mouth.
"Jesus! Where did you come from??" I flinched.
"Ah, sorry!" Christina wiped her face with her sleeves.
"Oh, here!"
I stood in awe as this boy gave Chris a whole ass handkerchief.
I'm guessing Jeremy and him talked? I furrowed my eyebrows. What was up with him, anyways?
I made a mental note to look into that.
---
"Why are we in a tree?" I asked as I moved a branch.
"I have a secret." Draco replied.
I gave a stupid grin.
"A tree-cret?"
He sighed. "You will be on the ground in an instant."
I laughed, and he continued.
"The boyfriends are fighting." He said.
"Ron and Harry?!" I gasped.
"Even made the pins." He nodded.
"You two done?? Come down!" Blaise called from the circle of people beneath us.
"We're- oh shit." I nudged the boy next to me, pointing towards his favorite victim fighting with my favorite victim.
Ron went in the other direction and Harry headed straight towards us.
"Why so tense Potter? My father and I
have a bet you see. I don't think you're
gonna last ten minutes in this tournament.
He disagrees. He thinks you won't last
five."
He jumped down, and I shook my head as they began their back and forth.
Draco drew his wand, and I groaned. "Draco, stop-"
I gasped as professor Moody came forward, casting a spell at him.
I didn't even look to where Draco was before jumping down.
"I'll teach you to cast while someone's back is turned..." he said bitterly.
"I had it under control, are you crazy old man?!"
I looked back to a squeaking noise, seeing a ferret with the same hair color as the boy that was just there.
"You're kidding me!" I cried.
"Professor Moody, what is going on here?" My aunt asked. "Is that a student?!"
"Technically it's a ferret.." he replied, making him hover with his wand, sending him towards the boys.
I lunged and grabbed the critter, glaring at the man.
"Oh calm down, missy.."
"You are a poor excuse for a man! Let alone a teacher..." I spat.
"(Y/n), put him down." McGonagal instructed, and I did so.
She turned him back to normal and he was in shock as he looked around.
"Thank you, Professor." I said to my aunt who hadn't directly uttered me a word since second year.
"And screw-" Blaise hit my head before I could finish what I was going to say.
"I'm sure your father will be hearing about this?" Harry chimed in, and I made eye contact with the boy.
"I get why your redhead boyfriend left you." I stuck my nose up.
"Let's go." Draco said, and I faintly heard Mad-eye getting yelled at.
Serves that bastard right...
---
"I'm still furious!" I ate my supper with the power of rage.
"Oh, cmon! It was adorable how you were holding him all protectively..." Chloe teased, leaning over Donna.
"I will shove this egg roll down your throat!"
"Well, aren't you passionate." Theodore teased. "What's up with him?" He pointed at Draco, who sat expressionless.
"What? I'm tired." He said with no emotion.
Not even slight resentment, which was odd.
Everyone could sense something off.
---
"Chris?? It's like 11, why are you up?" I asked as I exited my common room quietly, waking up to her creepy ass spider on my pillow and repressing a scream. This was common for her though, and I knew something was wrong.
She sniffled. "Have you talked to Jeremy?" She asked.
"I- no, are you okay Chris??" I grabbed her shoulders.
"I feel something so bad... he's going through something and he won't let me in.." I felt her body wrack in my arms, and I pulled her close.
"Hey, please don't stress. I'm sure he's gonna me okay, just... I'll talk to him tomorrow, okay? You're his best friend, I'm sure he's just stressed from being in his last year?"
"...okay."
I knew she didn't believe me, but she was trying to convince herself she did.
"Now go to sleep before that unprofessional nut job turns you into a mouse for being up late." I joked, giving her a huge hug before watching her disappear down the hall.
I opened the door quietly, two voices that I didn't hear before in the room.
They hadn't noticed me, and I felt like I had already been quiet too long to expose myself, so I creepily hid behind the couch due to sheer awkwardness.
"I get it, and it's fine that you feel that way." I barely recognized the voice.
"It's just... I know she cares but I couldn't help but feel useless."
Oh shit.
"It's okay. You're a guy. It's natural to want to be the one who's protective."
I clasped my hand over my mouth.
"Thanks, Tony."
Tony?! Who the hell..
Antonio?!"
"I wish we could talk more."
"Me too, but my father would lose his mind."
They laughed together.
"It's fine, I wouldn't put so much at risk for almost anyone either." Antonio laughed. "You just had to go and be a pureblood.."
"Apologies, truly."
Draco went upstairs, and Antonio followed.
I fell asleep behind the couch from thinking too much.