93. The Boy Who Cried Christmas Demons

"Cmon! It's Christmas Eve! We can't tell scary stories.." I argued as Theo came out of the downstairs bedroom.
"Well, Gabe's snoring like his dad n' auntie so it's now or never." She decided.
"Wait, wait, wait.. which auntie?" I questioned.
Theodora glances at Chris and Jay talking, and Chris looked back.
"What?"
I chuckled and sat back on the couch, between Draco and Jeremy. "Nothing!" I replied.
"So it's scary story time?" Jay asked, rubbing his hands together.
Christina pouted and immediately attached herself to Donna.
"Me first!" Chloe yelled. "Pleaseee!"
"You sure, Chloe? I mean, you don't seem like the exact type to scare anyone." Draco teased.
"Oh, I'll have you shaking.."
"It was a dark and stormy night.. second year.. the first night back.
Lighting struck outside, but the three girls didn't seem to notice, for they were focused on their gossip."
"You're not.." I deadpanned.
"I'm pretty sure Pansy was there too.." Donna added.
"There were three girls.. gossiping. Nobody missing at all." Chloe clarified angrily.
"One after another, they told their crushes.."
"Yeah, you liked Blaise." Theodore teased.
"None of them were important.. except for the girl who confessed to liking one boy.. right as lightning struck the window."
She made a crashing noise with her mouth, and Christina squeaked in horror.
"The girl's name was.. Dianna, and her crush was named Drake!"
"Excuse me??" Donna shrieked. "I understand Pansy being taken out leaves some plot holes but don't bring me down to that level!"
Draco and I both glared at her.
"And another girl.. Eliza.. her attitude shifted the second the lightning struck."
"You really aren't trying with these names.." Blaise shook his head.
"Quiet, Bevis." Chloe warned.
"Why do I get Bevis??"
"The girl had became possessed! A powerful entity that swore to create chaos with every waking step! Without warning, she stood and walked into the bathroom.
The other two girls, Claudette and Dianna were terrified, feeling the evil dripping from her as she drew her wand and closed the door.
Silence.
For too long, there was silence..
And then it emerged.
Deformed! Terrifying!
She had shifted into..
THE WAREDRACO!"
Draco gasped. "Was this the one time I walked in on you with my hair?!" He asked me and I swallowed hard.
"I have no idea what she's talking about.."
"Chloe, that was garbage." Theodore informed.
"Yep." We all agreed, and she frowned, falling back into the recliner.
---
"I have one.. it's about a haunted manor." I spoke up.
"After Blaise's story of the candy-faced demon haunting the trolly on the train, I'm welcome to anything.." Donna laughed.
"Alright.. it all started when a girl wandered into a place that drew her in.." I described. "She had nothing, except the haunting calls of the abandoned manor.. sitting alone in the forest, too beautiful to be forgotten but too dreadful to remember."
The room was silent as I set the mood.
"The hallways called to her, deep, twisting, confusing.. like the belly of a snake. These walls were alive in a way that wasn't right.
But her feet couldn't stop her, and she soon found herself lost between the walls, and they looked to be constricting around her, getting tighter. She was being eaten alive by these walls."
"Wow.. this isn't actually that bad-"
"But then, from the darkness, there was a light.
It was dull, almost gray, but a blue light that brought through the warmth and happiness she needed.
It was him, he was the one who showed her the way and brought her light!"
"Jesus, (Y/n)! We've all heard of the time Draco showed you around the manor, now stop making your poems about it!" Theodora rolled her eyes.
"I liked it." Draco said with a cheeky grin.
I was about to deny it, but retold it in my head.
Oops.
---
"My turn?" Jeremy asked, putting down his drink.
"Chris left, now you can knock yourself out." Jay said.
"Why now that she's gone?" Draco asked.
"Because Jeremy's stories are some of the worst things you'll ever hear."
We were intrigued, to say the least.
"This isn't a story, for starters.. Chris told me about a prophecy she saw when we were so young that is haunted my dreams since."
"Yeah, got me shaking!" Donna teased.
Jeremy's eyes were close to spilling tears.
"I've never told anyone this, but I have a feeling that if I don't, something bad will happen."
I intertwined my hand with Draco's, and waited.
"It's the reason I'm not a fan of the holidays, cause from what I remember, she said that it would be a night where you could see the snow reflect the moon, no ounce of warm light in the sky."
"Convenient." Donna shifted uncomfortably, still denying.
"I wouldn't be saying this if I didn't think we'd be safe!" Jeremy said seriously, and I flinched.
This felt wrong...
"She said that, 'she's only watching before the bells toll for the season."
"W-what does that mean?" Chloe asked.
"I think it means she only comes out before Christmas season, and if that's the case, (Y/n) saved our asses."
"Y-you're wel-welcome." I shivered.
"Chris painted the image in my head so vividly..
A woman, beautiful from afar. With smooth skin and thick black hair. Her skin glows in the moonlight, and her hair seems to shine blue."
"Damn, gimme her number." Donna joked, and we let out strained laughs.
"She wears normal clothes too, dressed for the weather." Jeremy said, looking around the room. "Is it cold to anyone?" He asked abruptly.
Donna scoffed. "Just hurry up!"
It was freezing now.
"Up close, she had eyes so deep in her skull that they looked black."
"Wooowww!" Donna made spooky sounds.
"You can see her brown eyes in the moonlight, when her face is stretched out; her jaw dislodged from its socket and swinging around.." Jeremy was staring at the floor.
"Her eyes are so human.. it's enough to make a grown man-"
Gabe started crying from a room over, and I closed my eyes, my muscles completely tensed as I held Draco for my life.
"Can we please stop?" I asked, saying what everyone else was thinking.
I scanned the room. "Please someone turn on the light, or-"
I stopped and stared.
There was a woman, her head softly hitting against the window every second.
Thud.
Thud.
Thud.
"(Y/n)? Are you-" Draco began, looking to where I was.
Donna let out a sob, none of us able to move.
"She only watches before the bells toll, after they toll, there's no telling what she does.." Jeremy finished as he flicked the light on, and Christina smiled from outside as she took her face off the window, holding her arms in a shiver and waving sweetly as she hobbled inside.
"You dickhead! I left my fuckin' son cryin' in the other room cause you scared me shitless!" Theodora huffed as she got up and checked on her son.
"Chris!" Chloe cried out.
"Team Jeristina will always win!" She gave him a high-five.
Donna sniffled and hid her face.
Remorse flashed across Christina's eyes.
"(Y/n)?" Draco whispered.
"Hm?" I replied.
"It's over, you can relax."
I looked down to my knuckles turning white, and loosened my grip on his hand.
"Sorry.." I said absently.
He lifted my hand and placed a gentle kiss to it.
"You're okay.."
"Did you really have to use fake blood to write 'Beware the eyes black as night, for when they shine in the light, you'll only see your doom staring back??'" Theo asked as she returned with her baby.
"Where?" Christina asked towards Jeremy, unknowing herself.
"In Gabe's room..?" Theodora replied.
Jeremy's acting was good, but his face now was either so much better than before, or something was wrong..
I helped Draco pocket the wand he was using to make those words, knowing that we'd be the only ones getting a good nights sleep on Christmas Eve.