87. Soup

"A supper party..?" Jeremy asked as he unwrapped my arm bandage from quidditch practice the day before.
"Mhm. Professor Slughorn's letter said that he was inviting 'select students' so do with that as you will.." I said shortly.
He was my cousin, but he was also my best friend's ex, and I couldn't tell what to prioritize, so awkwardness to both parties was my solution.
"Who else do you know was invited?"
Chris.
"Uh, Blaise and one other.. friend."
"Who?" He asked as he put away his equipment.
"No one.." I shrugged, and he nodded.
"You know, I was the one who let her break up with me." He clarified.
"What..?" I glared.
"I told her that we should break up if she's upset, so she did."
...
"You're an actual moron, Jeremy Gray." I stood up and shook my head. "You broke up with her!" I punched his shoulder.
"No, I-" he stopped and thought. "Is that why she's been acting like this?"
"Yes! You're a pussy who thinks she hates you, and she's trying to prove you wrong for hurting her when you didn't mean to!" I kept hitting him.
"Oh.."
"Yeah, "oH" you stupid-"
He pushed me back with the palm of his hand.
"I expect you both to be at least talking my noon tomorrow, or I swear on my mother's graves that I will split your head open like a coconut!"
"Is quidditch captain (Y/n) terrorizing you again??" I was called out as Draco walked in, and I almost gasped.
He looked exhausted.
But he was smiling, at least?
I knew that this job wasn't the most difficult but still, he was the assistant nurse on top of literally everything else, and it seemed to be taking a toll on him.
I then made it my job to make sure he slept on time, and took care of himself.
---
Christina and I sat down at the table, awkward and attached to each other, whisper-yelling at Blaise across the table who was mocking us when the professor wasn't looking.
Then, of course, Harry and Hermione walked in.
I sighed, lacking the energy.
The professor then began asking about parents and relatives, so I did what any crazed distant relatived, only family that loves me is in jail/live in the middle of nowhere, orphan would do, and that is put my head down and eat my soup in silence.
"Christina, how have you been since you've stayed with the Gray family?" He asked. "You must be delighted to be living with your best friend (Y/n), no?"
She put down her spoon. "Um, it's been fine but I'm not staying with (Y/n).." she gave him a polite nod.
"And why's that?"
"She's supposed to be staying with another family, as requested of her parents." Christina explained as vaguely as possible.
"Well, does that mean you're staying with Jeremy Gray alone?" He asked and I put down my utensils. "Watch out for that pretty face!" He laughed heartily.
She laughed awkwardly. "Sure will.."
"And (Y/n)! Who are you staying with?" He asked, and Blaise tried to hide his grin. "I hope you're not living with a boy that you could fall for like Christina!"
Blaise let out a snort.
"Ah, I'm staying with.. Donna Bay." I nodded nervously.
"Oh really? I thought there'd be a boy-"
"No! Just Donna and I! Together!"
"As an item?"
Christina opened her mouth to explain, but before she could.
"Yes we are." I said with glossy eyes.
---
"Hey.." I stuck my head in the door, softly creeping in and shutting it behind me.
"That's my favorite lesbian!" Theodore called from the desk in their dorm.
"Donna and (Y/n) for life!" Blaise called from his bed.
"You're both evil." I shook my head and turned to Draco who was reading in bed.
"You know I'll accept you if-" he began to joke.
"Stoppppp!" I cried out.
He chuckled and kept reading what looked like a school book, and I scrunched my nose.
He frowned as I snatched it from behind, pulling his blanket over him.
"...what in the ever loving hell are you doing?" He asked as I legitimately tucked him in.
"What do you mean?" I asked with a smile as I tucked the blanket under his sides.
He blinked at me once he resembled a cocoon.
"Just sleep." I kept grinning.
He looked over to Theodore clicking his pen, and Blaise crudely singing to his playlist.
I grabbed them each by the ear until they were in their beds.
"Sleep!" I called, and turned back to Draco. "Better?" I asked with a smile.
"Yes, now I feel more special." He joked as he reached to turn off the lamp.
"You are."