34. Kiwi

"Hello, Jason..." I greeted as I sat across from him on the train.
Christina elbowed me.
I sighed. "Chris said you had something to-"
I was scooped up in the most secure hug I've ever felt.
"I'm sorry for being an ignorant asshole! I had to deal with the two lovebirds for the entire holiday, and I've learned my lesson.." he whined into the side of my head.
His apology was shit, but he gave a great hug so I let it slide.
And, maybe I missed the stupid, loud, obnoxious friend that deep down, I loved.
"So, how was your Christmas?" Jeremy asked as he returned from the trolly.
"...memorable." I said awkwardly.
"Oh, something totally happened between them."Christina decided.
"Yep."
"Totally." Jeremy and Jay didn't miss a beat.
"Oh cmon! Nothing happened I swear-"
The door opened.
"Hi Stina!" Tayte, the little Ravenclaw boy that Christina babied, said.
"Hi Tayte!" She waved to the small boy.
"There was this tall pale kid who said to bring this to the 'purple girl's friend' so," he held out the box.
"Oh, thanks kid!" I said, reaching for it.
"Bye.." he mumbled, terrified of me as I opened the box.
The three deadpanned at me.
"What? We made cookies before we left.."
They continued to deadpan.
"Want one...?" I offered, and they each groaned/rolled their eyes.
---
"The dorm girls are back!" We cheered as we entered the common room, arms linked as we shuffled up the stairs.
"Nice to see you too!" Blaise called up as we disappeared into our rooms. He turned to the other boys. "This holiday was insane!" He tapped Theodore's shoulder.
"Why's that then?" He amused his friend. "Chloe and I went to the cake shop to hang out after Christmas, and she borrowed my coat and everything!" He cheered.
"Truly scandalous." Draco butted in, teasing.
"I think that I'm finally getting through with Kiwi." Theodore told Blaise.
"Who's that?" Draco asked.
"A secret, that's who." Blaise smiled, getting the boy back.
"Code names? Are you 10?" He asked. "Just tell me, Theo. I probably couldn't care less."
"Christina Webber."
He held back a laugh, a certain upperclassman with annoying hair coming to mind.
"Good luck with that one, friend." He gave as convincing as a performance he could, getting up.
"He's an ass, don't worry. You still have a chance." Blaise comforted before following the blond up the stairs to their shared dorm.
He shook his head. "I guess the dorm boys are back too..."
---
"(Y/n)?" A voice I hadn't heard in a while said, and I looked around the empty hall, confused and scared, before realizing what was about to happen.
"Potter, I swear-"
Kidnapped to an empty classroom under an invisible fucking cloak.
"You need to learn how to greet people." I crossed my arms.
"Buckbeak is getting killed and it's Malfoy's fualt." He didn't hesitate to say.
"What?!" I spat out. "I go to feed him daily and I haven't heard anything!"
"I know, that's why I came to you. You two seem to be closer, could you find a way to tell him to convince his father not to have him killed?" Harry pleaded.
"Of course he told his father..." I hissed out. "I don't get it though, he didn't mention anything about it, even at home."
"Home?" He asked, confused.
"At the manor?"
"You live there??" He asked.
"Yes? Did you not know?"
"I hadn't heard a thing of it." He shrugged.
I hummed once I realized. "Leave it to Hermione to leave that out."
He shuffled awkwardly.
"I don't think I'll change anything, but I'll try. And if I can't, promise me that even if Hermione and Ron are pissy about it, I'm helping you three get Buckbeak out of here."
"How'd you know we were going to-"
"When have you three ever just let something be?" I joked, and he nodded.
"Thank you, (Y/n)."
I gave him a slight smile. "Mhm."
---
"Good job!" Chloe grabbed me as I exited the field, sweating like crazy as I took my gear off.
"Please... it was a Hufflepuff game." Draco dismissed.
I let out a 'hmph' and stormed away.
No, I hadn't talked to him about Buckbeak, but it had been a day, and I was still sad over it when I went to feed him this morning.
"What's going on with her?! At supper it was the exact same! Did I say something?!" He groaned, and the girls giggled.
"Maybe talk to her instead of trying to be funny constantly." Donna coughed out.
"It really isn't helping, kid." Marcus said as he passed them.
"See? Even that human air horn agrees." Simon joked.
"Go talk to her, you moron!" Chloe rolled her eyes and pointed.
"Right.." he mumbled as he jogged off.