21. What were they Feeding Him in Paris?!

This was bad.
This was worse than bad.
This was the worst thing to happen to me ever.
And I'm an orphan in midst of an identity crisis.
Pansy hasn't talked to me, and at this point I was ready to hold it against her.
She liked this boy, sure, but it's not like I could help it.
All night, she had ignored me, and in the morning she was up immediately and straight to the carriages with her trunks.
I don't think Draco even knew, which made it so much worse.
"(Y/n)?" Blaise asked, and I turned to meet his worried expression.
"What's on your mind? Miss me already?" He tried to cheer me up on the ride to the train, and I scoffed at him.
"Actually, I'm moving." I shook my head.
"Where?! You'll be back for next year though?" Theodore panicked.
Donna coughed into her sleeve awkwardly, as Draco talked with Crabbe and Goyle to the side.
"I'll be back for next year, obviously." I dodged the question.
"What do you think about little miss petrified getting praised for doing nothing except canceling exams?" Theodore asked.
"Please... I'd say she makes me angry, but she isn't worth my time." I passed.
The rest gave their laughs, and I heard a 'hmph' from the carriage ahead.
"What's wrong sleeping beauty? Feeling like your hard work napping hasn't been praised enough?" Donna attacked Hermione with words.
"Like the evil twin wasn't watching over Hermione 24/7..." Ron added.
"She's the daughter of two of the greatest and most influential witches in all of history and you refer to her as the twin of some mudblood?" Draco added and I almost threw myself off the carriage.
He was the last person I needed to defend me right now, especially because Pansy was still unresponsive.
"Just mind your business, Malfoy." Harry added.
Had we even talked once this year???
The rest of the ride was quiet, but what I knew was the last peace I had before my whole world changed for the second time.
I looked at Draco.
This was surely going to be a huge success...
Said nobody.
---
"But you never told me how my mothers died, or.. or what Maple was like! Charlie, you have to let me stay with you!" I begged as we were driven up the winding roads of the huge place that I had only seen in winter.
"You're lucky that bloody thing let me take you here myself." He said with a saddened smile. I had gotten a month in with Charlie and Jeremy before the court officially declared that I was to make my move.
"Your mother made sure that you weren't ever going to be in contact with me.."
"Why, Uncle? You've shown me nothing but love-"
"I've shown you an apology, (Y/n), for getting Veronica involved in things that she had left behind. I'm the reason that my sister is dead."
My breath was heavy, and my eyes wide.
"You're here." He replied shortly, and the driver got out and grabbed my bags.
"You... you didn't care for me at all?" I asked.
"Gosh, (Y/n)! Of course I care about you! I just... I need to make things right. I'll listen to Maple, but know that you'd never be involved in this if it was up to me."
"Involved in what, Charlie?" I asked, as the door was opened for me.
He was silent.
I scoffed and slammed the door.
---
The dark fancy home was empty, nobody in sight except Charlie's driver, who showed me upstairs and gave me the note that was left for me by Narcissa.
'Dearest (Y/n),
Apologies for not being at home personally to welcome you.
Please make yourself comfortable for tonight, as we are currently in Paris on business affairs, but will be returning tomorrow.
I plan to shower you with many gifts when we return, and await the times we have together in the future.'
The note was super sweet, but I couldn't help but look around the room, once I was alone, and feel saddened.
I was used to luxury, being with the Grays for such a long time. But my room there had a childlike charm to it.
This was the room of a young woman.
Dark oak framed furniture with intricate embroidery on the cushions, throw pillows and a fire place, and two book shelves framing my bed at the corner of the walls.
This was obviously too good to complain about, so I avoided that and grabbed my clothing from my trunks.
Luckily, I filled about half the closet with all of my possessions.
Mrs. Zabini, Blaise's mom, has been filing my closet for months now, all after Blaise's birthday weekend where I had some tea with her and she fell for my charm.
No matter what anyone may think, I'm a sucker for a good outfit.
It began to rain outside, and I carefully lit the fireplace in my room as I finished.
I finished up with my small knickknacks, and my DVDs of all my favorite Disney films, not that I was going to have the opportunity to use it soon...
Putting out the fire, I changed into my lounge wear, picked out a book, and sat in the silk sheets that were much like the green ones at school, but these ones were a deep blue.
I then read until my eyes started to droop, and let myself fall into a somber sleep.
---
"This is absolutely ridiculous!" I heard from across the manor as I stirred, the book now on my bedside table, and the blanket that was at the foot of my bed now over my shoulders.
"There's no way in hell that she's staying with us!"
I almost didn't recognize the voice as I got changed, still trying to listen.
"What's the issue with her, Darling? She's a lovely young lady, and you will treat her as such." Narcissa defended as I turned the corner into the dining room.
"Oh, hi (Y/n)!" She greeted peppily, and I looked to the glaring boy beside her.
He looked...
Different.