47. D Wars

"Why'd you ask me to come see you instead of the others?" I asked Theodora as we waited in the tent.
"Because I'm so fuckin' stressed and angry, and Jeremy's been a bloody human woopy cushion, Jay's too hopeful and Christina only gets aggressive about politics and K-pop!" She paced crazily. "But you get this bloody bullshit!" She swore like a sailor.
"Sure as hell do! Now, that's a Chinese Fireball dragon, but not even that beast can compare to your patronus casting."
"I make a fuckin' bunny rabbit, what good is that?!"
"You haven't been bested yet, plus transfigurations come naturally to you!"
I made a mental note to ask her to teach me how to use a patronus.
Who knows, could come in handy next year...
"This tent is for champions and friends only.." Viktor told off Rita, the reporter that body shamed Theodora.
"No matter, we've got what we came for.."
I didn't know what she was talking about, but the camera man seemed pleased, so I drew my wand subtly, and...
"Oh dear! It seems the camera has caught aflame!" I fake gasped, and the woman stormed out.
I saw who I was defending, and instantly regretted everything.
I made sure to roll my eyes at Hermione.
---
I took my seat next to Jeremy in the stands.
"What the fuck is your problem?" I asked as Viktor dodged the beast.
Jeremy tensed up.
"I'm fine, (Y/n)."
I thought for a moment. "Chris isn't fine."
"Yeah, well I couldn't give a damn what she's feeling, alright??" He snapped, and I looked into his eyes with worry.
He was so... tired.
"I don't know what's stressing you out this bad, but you love this girl! You breathe for her, Jeremy, you can't-" I tried to yell over the cheering, but once it stopped, Jeremy interrupted me.
"Love is a lie!" He cried out, throat dry and voice desperate and raspy.
People turned, and he stood up, leaving.
I watched the rest of Viktor's win with sad eyes.
"Fancy a fizzy drink?" Daniel asked as he took Jeremy's spot.
I looked at him, no energy to smile as I thanked him for the drink.
Hopefully he doesn't ask what-
"What happened?"
I took in a sharp breath.
"Um, nothing. Thanks for the drink, but um... I'd rather be alone."
"Oh, well I'm sure I can cheer you up!" Daniel pushed his glasses up.
"That's very kind, Daniel, but-"
"Oh, it'll be fine! People say I'm lovely company."
I clenched my fist.
"You told me off for answering a question for her before, but now you persist after she says no? If those aren't some red flags..."
I'm lowly chuckled at Draco's comment, hiding my amused expression in the cup, and Daniel scoffed at him.
"Look, nobody wants you here, rich boy, so-"
"Nobody wants you here either, parakeet."
I sipped on my drink in silence.
"She'd rather be here with me, alright?" Daniel claimed.
"I think she said she'd rather be alone." He retorted.
"(Y/n), who do you want here? Me or him?" Daniel asked frantically.
"She doesn't have to answer you..."
"(Y/n)! Who-"
"Jesus, you need to get your overly attached ass away from me like I said! There's a reason I'm wearing his necklace and not yours!"
Daniel stormed off hurt.
"Thanks." Draco said.
"Why are you thanking me?" I asked.
"I wanted to yell at that bastard for something, but I didn't have anything to yell at him for."
"Well, glad to be of service." I smiled, and he turned to go back to his spot. "And!" I caught his attention.
"Stay with me, for now." I patted the spot beside me.
"And thank you.." I said quieter as Viktor grabbed the egg.
---
"That's my girl!" Jay yelled out as Theo grabbed the egg, her beautiful big hair flowing, sticking to her face in areas, and Jay, who wore a huge smile that looked just like Chris's.
They were adorable.
"He's cheering for the wrong bloody school. That's the moron that somehow managed to get Theodora." Two girls in blue said.
Draco sighed before grabbing my wrist.
I wasn't even going for my wand yet, but I for sure was gonna.
"Why'd you-"
They began puking slugs.
"Wow, someone has unreleased trauma." I joked as he subtly pocketed his own wand.
"To think that almost happened to me if Weasley wasn't a total moron..." he shook his head, and I scoffed.
"I'm sure it's not that bad..."
the girls hurled some more, and I shuttered.
"Nevermind."
---
"Oh goodness! Harry took the quirky way out! What a surprise!" I called, making the people around us angry.
Love to hate me.
"Holy sh-" Draco smacked my hand and pointed towards the top of the bleachers, and Theodore was sharing candy with Christina.
I smacked his arm back as we gaped at the sight.
"Guess that Gray isn't too pleased." He shrugged.
"I don't think so.." I said with a serious undertone.
"But he's smooth!" We continued to gawk and tease.
"I knew he had a shot." Draco nudged me.
"I guess so!" I said in disbelief.
Strange, the way things are.
Like how Jeremy was now alone in a bathroom, crying to his mother, praying that it was worth it.
Any of it, and all of it.