28. His Blood-Ink Princess

"You two!" We were screamed at. "I cannot believe this..." He slammed his fist against the wall.
"You missed practice!" Marcus finished, flames practically coming from his nose.
"I'm sorry, Marcus..." I put my head down.
"No! Sorry won't win us the house cup! Next year is my last, and if I lose to Wood?! Well, your heads will be pinned on a wall next to his!" He spat in my face.
"Was practice that bad?" I asked softly and he instantly pouted, nodding.
"It's like the new kids don't think I'm scary anymore..." he huffed. "Am I scary, peanut?" He asked with big eyes and I chuckled, pointing towards Draco, who was mumbling in pure terror about being mounted onto a wall.
Marcus chuckled with me. "Snape says that you two have detention Friday, though..." Marcus scratched the back of his head.
Draco and I deadpanned as he shuffled down the hall.
"That butthead." I sighed in admiration.
"Nice insult, bet the other kindergarteners are absolutely devastated by that one." Draco teased.
"Hm, do you think if I cast riddikulus on you, your jokes will finally be funny?" I shot back.
"Oh, I can tell that detention is going to be fantastic." He said sarcastically, crossing his arms.
---
"Who's my favorite bathroom janitor??" Jay teased as I carried the bucket to the girl's bathroom, trying as hard as I could as Draco daintily held two mops in his arms.
"At least that won't be her real job, unlike your stupid ass." Jeremy whacked the back of his head and gave me a smile.
I smiled back and lost grip of the bucket, but it was already hanging so low that nothing spilled.
I cursed softly as I rubbed my hand.
"You're not gonna help her?" Christina crossed her arms at the blond.
"I am helping." He held out the mops.
She rolled her eyes. "You're the farthest thing from a man.."
"Says the one who's boyfriend has bright pink hair." He shot back.
"The fact that that's what you assume defines a man says enough about you." She began to grow angry, face darkening scarily.
"Right, so his third year girlfriend is defending him?"
"Malfoy, I swear! You do not mess with the people I love, especially not Jeremy!"
I clenched my hand over my mouth, and Chris's face went deep crimson.
"Christina?" Jeremy grabbed her shoulder gently, and her eyes went wide as she bolted down the empty halls, teary-eyed.
"Chris! Wait!" He called as Jay and him ran after her, and I prepared to.
"Detention, right?" McGonagall gave a stern, cold look to me, and I stopped, turning back to pick up my bucket.
The mops laid in place of the bucket, and Draco was halfway down the hall with the water.
I smiled, grabbing the mops and running up to him.
"You know, we could've used the water in the bathroom when we got there..." I suggested, a bit too late.
He groaned as we continued forward.
---
"The trick is the angle..." I instructed as Draco kicked his feet, sat on the sink.
"Yes, please teach me..." he noted as I demonstrated the correct way to mop.
"Alright, but you're gonna have to start moping that area when I'm done showing you." I warned.
"What area?" He gave a cheeky grin.
"That one right..." I looked around the spotless floor.
It hit me.
"You sat there for 30 minutes as I mopped an entire bathroom??"
He bursted out laughing, clenching his stomach.
I threw the dirty bucket water at him.
He was absolutely drenched.
It was my turn to cackle.
"You're-!" He didn't even finish before chasing after me.
"No! You smell like a urinal!" I cried as I slid over the wet floor.
"So will you!" He balanced himself as he tried to grab me.
I let out a yelp and took a sharp turn, tripping on the floor.
I tried to scoot away, but the dirty water monster pulled the same move, slipping and elbowing me in the shoulder on his way down.
"Oh god! I don't know if the smell or the pain is worse!" I cried as I tried to poke him away.
"Oh really??" He put his sleeve over my nose.
"It's definitely the smell!" I cried out as I tried to pull my face away.
The door opened suddenly, and Isabella stood there, blinking.
She was blinking as my detention partner was on top of me, one hand holding me down as the other hovered by my neck.
She closed the door and left, and we scrambled away from each other, squeaking and gagging until we were on other sides of the bathroom.
I'm pretty sure Draco was crying.
---
She fell into her hiding spot, the empty patch of grass in the sea of sunflowers of various lengths, her little secret garden.
Christina was as obvious as one can be, liking Jeremy since she could remember.
Sure, she'd have other crushes here and there, but she'd always come back to the cherry pink boy with the soft smile.
"Chris, please?" His voice was low, but smooth and quiet. Like honey. His height made it so, even when she was hidden from the world, he could see her. "I know you love me."
Her body jolted in her position on the ground, eyes wide.
"I love you too." She began to breathe heavily as he came closer. "We've been through everything together, of course I love you."
She looked into his eyes.
"Honestly, you're just as much my best friend as Jay is."
Her world shattered.
So did his heart.
She could never, not with him. She deserved so much better, especially because of what he'll have to do.
Soon, he'll be spilling blood of others, and the ink that'll be in his arm will spread.
Not to her, anywhere but her.
He couldn't bare her becoming his blood-ink princess.