78. Fangirl

This was bad.
This was worse than bad.
Never did I think that I'd be in such a large group of literal children, all with quills in their hands as their skin was etched with the ink.
We lost. She was headmistress. And I felt genuine fear around her, which was more than could be said about anyone I have met.
"Dismissed." She announced, and the younger kids that were holding in their cries finally let them out.
My eyes widened as a first or second year girl went pale in the face, and I jumped up, hopping the table and crouching behind her as she fell backwards.
The small Gryffindor reminded me of Christina, making it all the more easy for me to pick her up as most people left.
I felt eyes digging into the back of my skull as I barely made it out of the room.
"Hey.. wake up." I encouraged her, kneeling next to the door.
She slowly opened her eyes, immediately clenching her hand in pain.
"Miss Gray-Dean?" I realized the voice was familiar because she was one of the younger girls that I'd helped with spells a few times.
"Yeah, it's me.. do you need to see the nurse?" I asked.
"No.. I'm brave and strong like you." She gave a weak smile.
I furrowed my eyebrows as she stood herself up.
"You're the girl who styled her scars!" She jumped with joy.
I tilted my head in amused confusion.
"Your first detention! You left with your hand covered in blood! You defied the system by showing how harmful conforming to it is!" She pumped her fist.
"How old are you again?"
"12, why?" She replied.
I chuckled. "No reason.. thank you, for the praise."
"Oh, and when you and all the older girls wore your skirts short! Or, when you-"
"What's your name?" I asked the young Gryffindor.
"Julia." She replied, getting nervous. "I'm a muggle born, but I could have lost parents like you!"
I blinked at how much she knew.
When the world found out about me, I was her age.. that would make her 9 when she heard about me for the first time.
Did this girl spend her post childhood/preteen years seeing me on magazines and advertising??
After that, my world felt a lot smaller, but at the same time, it was a thousand times bigger.
---
"You aren't expelled at least!" Blaise tried to nudge me as I finally got my story out between her complaints about the world.
I just glared at the girl sitting with us. "Yet." I replied shortly as I watched Cho awkwardly shuffle.
She was now hanging with my house, because everywhere else, she had been rightfully told to fuck off.
But since fucking half of our house was in the inquisition, her confession was praised.
And yes, I know she was under a spell, but she sat in front of me, feeling sorry for herself to the only people in the world who would listen.
At least try and help yourself before you pity yourself..
---
"Just don't put too much pressure on your leg for a while ok? And if it hurts again, check in with me." Jeremy smiled, waving off another student from quidditch practice, and putting his things away.
A knock on the door made him turn, and his eyes instantly lit up. "Chris!"
She grinned, a hand behind her back. "Do you have a second?"
"I have as long as you want."
He hugged her, picking her up a little, as she giggled.
"Be careful, you're gonna crush the flowers."
"Flowers??"
She pulled out a rainbow bouquet from behind her back, bursting with lavenders, a rose or two, carnations, some he couldn't name, and of course, sunflowers, all tied together with string. There was a certain magical glow to them, and they sparkled a little bit.
His jaw dropped. "It's gorgeous."
"I know." She smiled dorkily. Plants and magical herbs, specifically flowers, were her specialty after all. "I just wanted to give you something nice and pretty, you've been the best lately and I appreciate all of it."
"I'll make sure to put them in a vase later." He set them down at his desk, walking back to her. Lifting her head up, he gave her a sweet kiss. "I love you so much."
She nodded, a little dazed. "Mhm."
"You know you didn't have to get me these right? I just do those things for you cause I want to."
She frowned. "And I give you flowers cause I want to too. Deal with it."
He sighed, resting his head on top of hers.
"I hate that you're this tall."
"Don't be grumpy and admit you like being my headrest."
He heard a small humph, and felt arms wrap around him.
"Shut up, you're a literal cherry tree."
He smirked. "Didn't you say you liked climbing trees, baby?"
"I'm gonna make flowers grow out of your eye sockets. Watch me." She threatened, nuzzling into him at the same time.
He cracked up.