22. Crazy Cat Lady

I was lucky he was frowning and glaring, otherwise I probably wouldn't recognize him.
He cut his fucking hair...
I caught myself staring.
Almost blushing.
I was disgusted with myself.
He was infinitely more attractive, and I almost understood Pansy's perspective.
It was just alarming.
It's like he went from 9 to 16 in a week.
And a 5 to a 10 if you know what I mean..
"Why don't you give (Y/n) a tour around while her breakfast is being made? To make up for keeping us in Paris another night." His mother inclined, and he reluctantly stood up.
There's no way in hell that he got even taller too...
He said nothing as he quickly turned and twisted through halls and rooms, but I kept pace pretty easily.
I saw him becoming frustrated and he abruptly stopped. "How are you so fast?!" He yelled as he caught his breath.
He was trying to lose me.
"Being a chaser is hard work." I replied. "Now, are you going to show me around or should I just go wait to eat?" I asked, sensing the genuine upset aura coming from him.
He was silent.
"Look, I had a dream life for not even two seasons, and now I'm here until we graduate. I'm just as upset as you are with this.."
"I can't believe this..." he shook his head before storming through the door.
I guess he didn't want to compromise.
Seems right.
"Where did-" I heard from the hall, followed by what I think was the fourth groan I heard.
He stomped back in, clamping down on my wrist as he dragged me around the manor like a ragdoll.
"That's a door." He pointed angrily as he made another sharp turn.
"Bathroom, library, I don't know what's in there..." he ran up the stairs and I almost tripped.
"How do you not know-"
"My father's office, don't go in."
More rooms, another flight.
"Your room, the third library, I don't know, my room." He turned to face me. "The day you go in there is the day I end your life."
I gave a weird thumbs up.
Nevermind. What in the ever loving hell did Pansy see in this boy?
"What's your familiar?" He asked.
"A cat, his name is Avocado."
I felt no embarrassment of my son's name.
"Oh... well, owl house is up here." He shrugged as he pointed at a door, and stopped at a spiral staircase.
"That's the storage space. It's dusty and gross, and my mother would kill you if she saw you covered in attic remnants."
He finally let go and I pouted, rubbing my wrist.
"Oh, and outside is the garden and courtyard." He dismissed before turning and walking straight out.
What in the ever loving hell is wrong with that boy...
---
"Did you see how he immediately apologized after you told him my name?" I laughed as our bags were carried in, and we sat in the parlor.
"Oh, sweetie! Your beautiful face isn't out there enough, that's why!" Narcissa insisted as she took a seat on the other arm of the couch. "I was thinking that we could look into the brand deals you've been offered!"
Draco rolled his eyes as he left, taking his bowl of grapes with him.
"Wait!" I called out suddenly and he turned. "Can I have one before you go?" I asked.
I got a grape to the face.
---
There was a knock on my door, the same day that I finally had gotten Avocado back from Jay, who was keeping him during the move.
I was reading as he laid on my lap.
"Come in." I expected the house elf, which I had heard was a new elf, due to the last one getting freed accidentally? I had no idea, but all I knew was that nobody was happy about it.
"Your letters were mixed with mine." Draco informed, and I expected him to just hand them to me.
"So wanna guess what's the problem with Jeremy Gray and Christina Webber?" He asked slyly as he tucked the opened mail under his arm.
"You-" I began to sit up, but Avocado let out a sad noise and I immediately stopped my movement.
Draco was confused for a moment, but then realized that I couldn't move due to my love for my cat.
He doubled over in laughter as he took a seat on the armchair near the fireplace, turning it to face me as he made himself comfortable.
"Avocado... wake up please. Mommy needs to kick someone's ass."
The boy cleared his throat.
"'Sup, Liz.'" He read off. "He still uses that name?" He said in distaste.
"Your problem?" I whisper-yelled, not wanting to disturb Avocado still.
"You're a pureblood, using a name given to you by muggles. It's ridiculous." He deadpanned, looking back to the paper.
"Its Jay, just wanted to let you know that... ooh! They went to Rome for vacation!"
I stopped at that point, giving up to pet Avocado's head.
I shouldn't be sad that I wasn't invited, I'm not really allowed to be with Charlie and Jeremy.
"No way!" Draco faked a gasp, obviously reading these out for the second time. "Jeremy ended up kissing a muggle? And Christina saw???" He put a hand on his chest dramatically.
"What?!" I pushed the cat, and he just flopped onto the bed.
I snatched it and read it over.
'Sup, Liz.
It's Jay, and I wanted to update you on Rome! Christina almost broke her leg as she tried to skip up some fancy steps. Jeremy ended up getting kicked out of a museum because I dared him to kiss a statue. I haven't, and will never embarrass myself, though.
See you soon,
-Traincar squad :-)'
"You're the absolute worst!" I started beating the liar with the papers, and he tried jumping out of the way, laughing the whole way back to his room.
"Any final words?!" I rattled with his door knob.
"Your cat is ugly."
Here lies a boy who wore too much hair gel in his youth, and had skin so pale it was reflective.
Unfortunately, he was mauled to death by what witnesses describe as...
A crazy cat lady.